Discuss Will i still achieve the correct qualifications to get a JIB card? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

H

Harry HM

Hi

I started my apprenticeship in sept 2007 and left due to problems at work, I left in January 2009. I achieved my level 1 hand skills and did my 2330 201 exam.

I am now back at college on a part time course 1 day a week with the other modern apprentice's finishing my level 2 (will take my 2330 203,204 &205 exams this summer) I am currently looking for a new employer so I can do my nvq portfolio as my college won't let me start it until I get an employer; is this true?

Also will I get a proper qualification (ie will I be able to get a JIB card?) if I do get an employer and complete the nvq even if i have had such a disjointed apprenticeship with a 2 year gap in the middle?

Really worried as I have spent £789 getting back on the level 2 course and don't want to complete it and not be able to qualify. Please help!

Thanks

Harry. The reason the college is asking you to be employed is that the NVQ requires you to work and to describe what you do in a workbook, have it signed by a supervisor at work before the NVQ assessors go through it. Without a work face it would not be possible to complete this vocational element. Whether you get an employer is partly a function of your age. The way Apprenticeship funding works money is only available up to a certain age range. The gap should not be a problem for JIB grading purposes. There is a training organisation called JT Ltd. They are responsible for the industry's apprentices. Why not give them a call and ask them.

I've had a messed up apprenticeship too, with funding problems removed from the frame work so here goes

I started college in 2006 and finished in 2008 i left with 2330 level 2 & 3 and the kill skills. Started with an employer just before finishing college, and started my nvq around 6/7 in from the start of my employment for various reasons unbeknown to me. College came out they had issues with my company with an previous apprentice and it seemed as though they took it out on me in 2010, i tupeed over to another contractor with 1 project pretty much complete september 2010 was made redundant as that company went bust.and during the time with this 2nd company we didnt do much work mainly testing and this slowed my nvq right down

I then started with a new employer just 3 weeks later, and the college withdrew me from the nvq framework, my new boss didnt seem to want me to progress on my nvq, proberly because he weren't qualified himself as i later found out. and he sacked me for no reason beginning of this year

feb 2011 i started at an 4th company these sorted my nvq paid the college £6/700 to get me back on the nvq since then i have completed 2 projects for my portfolio, am2 and 2392

And ive been in contact with some one on the board of the jib and he has told me i will be able to get the jib card with no problems.

Reply to Will i still achieve the correct qualifications to get a JIB card? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net