Discuss Will my local college accept me (23 bad gcse results) in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

N

nick_willy

hello all, i have a problem. i have tried to enrol at my local college and they say i need sufficient gcse grades now i moved house with my family and never really settled in at school and didnt get the necessary grades my college require me to have to get onto my course i am currently doing my science gcse as they was no other places on the maths n english. has anyone else got on at any other colleges in the north west without gcse grades im looking to do c g 2330 thanks

I think all colleges will have a criteria for the electrical courses, but hey don't let that put you off.

Get a list of colleges in your area and gather all the inforamtion on the courses they do and see what they would expect you to do to attend the course.

I'm sure that if you told the college that you are prepared to do what ever it takes and work hard to complete the course(s) then you will stand a chance.

In the meantime start reading up on the basic principles of electricity to get you started.

Warren

hello all, i have a problem. i have tried to enrol at my local college and they say i need sufficient gcse grades now i moved house with my family and never really settled in at school and didnt get the necessary grades my college require me to have to get onto my course i am currently doing my science gcse as they was no other places on the maths n english. has anyone else got on at any other colleges in the north west without gcse grades im looking to do c g 2330 thanks

I had to go to learn direct and they give you a free test and help to get up to speed in numeracy and literacy. Once you have the level 2 in both your in at all colleges! I got into Salford that way. - had to pass an aptitude test by the college as well. Only took days not months.

Not an easy game to get into isn't electrickery.....while I'm sure you are an honest down to earth chap, and had a genuine reason for poor GCSEs, you may find it hard to persuade a college (or employer) otherwise.....when there is a queue a mile long waiting to get in....and academically it is a difficult trade to learn, particularly nowadays. (If your maths and english are poor you really are on a hiding to nothing...its not just a case of chucking the wires in the holes!!!)
If you are serious and driven enough you should be OK, but bear in mind that us old farts are badgered by young unqualified chaps like you every day.....you have to make yourself stand out from the crowd.
Good luck
Randyrat (cynical old fart)

Reply to Will my local college accept me (23 bad gcse results) in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock