Discuss Will the new eaton mcbs fit the old eaton boards? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

HappyHippyDad

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
As in the title.
I have an old eaton board. Will new the new eatons fit?
20191222_105718.jpg
Cheers guys.

If I recall, the Eaton MCB's were compatible with the old MEM CU's, so think you should be ok.

What are you adding, seems like you have all your eggs in one basket there?

If I recall, the Eaton MCB's were compatible with the old MEM CU's, so think you should be ok.

What are you adding, seems like you have all your eggs in one basket there?
I just need to change one of them for a 20a.
Just rejigging things temporarily for a friend.

I might be wrong of course, but I enquired with Eaton technical about their mcb’s in a Memera 2000, as Eaton acquired MEM brand (2003), and it’s compatibility.

They confirmed using one of their mcbs (this was 2017) in a Memera 2000 was okay. I actually fitted one of their field kits, to make it an RCBO.

Not sure you can purchase an MEM mcb now, unless it’s from eBay or similar. Then you go down the route, is the thing safe to use.

The new Eaton devices don't have field kits, they come as a complete rcbo unit.
They didn’t then for a Memera 2000 CU.
As said, I was just offering my experience back then. But I fitted an Eaton mcb, in Memera 2000 CU, which they approved as compatible.

Flippin heck! Only way to find out, is ask Eaton themselves.

That will fit but they aren't actually the new Eaton style, but yes that will fit.
That's a memera 2000 mcb that will fit, but it is not a new Eaton mcb.

The confusion here is that people are talking about Eaton mcbs as if they are one particular model of mcb, which they are not, they bought out MEM and produce mem2 and mem3 mcbs.

You guys, honestly sometimes.

It says Eaton on the front of it. MEM ceased to be in 2003. That’s what I fitted in 2017, in an existing Memera 2000 CU, by the suggestion of Eaton. You can’t buy MEM mcb, unless you go flea bay.

Not wishing to gloat etc. :rolleyes:

Thanks for all the replies guys. it doesn't look like the new eatons fit the board I am working with so it looks like ebay!

As far as I know Eaton are still making the mcbs for that board, along with the RCBO conversion pods. But they are expensive.

What size mcb are you looking for?

I give up.
[automerge]1577051174[/automerge]
Thanks for all the replies guys. it doesn't look like the new eatons fit the board I am working with so it looks like ebay!

Have you not read any of my posts?

Last edited:

Reply to Will the new eaton mcbs fit the old eaton boards? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net