Discuss Will this Megger kit do the job?? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

T

TPES

Hi

I have been offered these 2 items AS NEW. hardly used.

Megger LT7
Megger BM401/2

Click each link to see the spec..

Megger LT7 Digital Loop Tester

+

Megger BM401/2

What other test equipment would be needed to do a domestic test or will both these meters do the minimum needed for a full test ??

Thanks all

Attachments

• Will this Megger kit do the job?? bm400 - EletriciansForums.net
    bm400.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 3
  • Will this Megger kit do the job?? LT7 - EletriciansForums.net
    LT7.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 2
Hi

I have been offered these 2 items AS NEW. hardly used.

Megger LT7
Megger BM401/2

Click each link to see the spec..

Megger LT7 Digital Loop Tester

+

Megger BM401/2

What other test equipment would be needed to do a domestic test or will both these meters do the minimum needed for a full test ??

Thanks all

magic-sid really depends on price and personal preference obviously, but remember that if you use seperates that they all need calibrating which can be expensive. :mad:

I am a fan of Megger and have the Megger MFT1552 Multifunctional Tester which I think is a great bit of kit. It does all the tests you want in one unit and you only need one calibration cert for it. :)

I paid about £465.00 with an adaptor for testing at sockets just over a year ago.

There is a newer version of Megger the MFT1553 which basically does the same but has bluetooth and costs more.

Here's a link for a site with different testers. Always shop around because the prices always varies.

Test4Less : Electrical and Gas Testing Equipment - Home Page

Warren.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi warren

I have a metrel 14 in 1 multifucntion tester already of my own. I have been offered these at i think a good price.
I would still keep my tester and would never sell it, its about on par with the megger 1552.

Just wondering if its worth buying these and selling on and probally making a few quid!!

I just want to be sure of what there capable of.

Hi warren

I have a metrel 14 in 1 multifucntion tester already of my own. I have been offered these at i think a good price.
I would still keep my tester and would never sell it, its about on par with the megger 1552.

Just wondering if its worth buying these and selling on and probally making a few quid!!

I just want to be sure of what there capable of.
what kind of price would you be looking for with these testers and what is the tester model

Reply to Will this Megger kit do the job?? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock