Discuss Will you be having the vaccine? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Will you have the Covid 19 vaccine

• Yes

Votes: 35 71.4%
  • No

Votes: 8 16.3%
  • Unsure

Votes: 6 12.2%

• Total voters
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

As I've already had covid and lived to tell the tell the tale, I would hopefully trust that my immune system is capable of fu*k*ng it off if it gets me again. No jab for me.
It's not quite as simple as that... usually a virus will mutate into other strains... that's why the 'common cold' is not one thing, but a whole range of different viruses. So maybe by the time it comes round again, it'll look different to the first time ? I have also read that with this Chinese Virus alot depends on the 'viral load'... so maybe you only had a little bit of it last time ?

I'm in the same boat as you... I had the virus way back in February (as I think alot of people had, but just didn't know it), and apart from a very mild fever for 12hrs, fatigue for 3 days and the loss of smell... I brushed it off. I'm in no rush for the any vaccine either.

COVID won’t be going away, so it may not kill me at 39 but I’m sure it will have serious consequences at 79 and to an older age group I come into contact with. So yes , Ill taking it.
Just a thought... but maybe Covid is what what the world needs ?? We know that we have massive over-population... SE Asia already struggles to produce enough food and has largely 'fished-out' the sea/rivers. There are issues with water supplies in many countries... and of course we have the incessant pollution of our planet with plastics etc.

A 10% worldwide population reduction would make alot of sense... any volunteers ??

@Zerax, I got it good and proper, like you back in Feb, (I've read it's now been confirmed it was definitely in Europe in November) I was off work for a little over 3 weeks, mind fog like never in my life, weak like never in my life, a cough like never in my life, and a temperature like never in my life, can see why it gets so many people it was nasty.

But yes we are an over populated world, so it's probably, as cold as it is to say, good for earth for our population to reduce, although it's just a drop in the ocean.

My next door neighbours both had it a few weeks ago. Both are fit healthy people who walk a lot. They said it was like nothing they have had before, it really wiped them out for a couple of weeks.

My next door neighbours both had it a few weeks ago. Both are fit healthy people who walk a lot. They said it was like nothing they have had before, it really wiped them out for a couple of weeks.
maybe that's why i've never had it. i only walk to the pub (1/2 mile). walk or stagger back.

Talking about reducing the world population each and every one of us is contributing to that statistic so who do you choose to reduce? Is anyone more important than anyone else? I know people are going to say survival of the fittest etc. but in my view each life is equal regardless of age, health and anything else.

Talking about reducing the world population each and every one of us is contributing to that statistic so who do you choose to reduce? Is anyone more important than anyone else? I know people are going to say survival of the fittest etc. but in my view each life is equal regardless of age, health and anything else.

A common sense approach might be to produce less new lives but, given the spiralling birth rates worldwide, I don't think many people are interested in such considerations.

For the avoidance of doubt; I'm not suggesting draconian measures as witnessed some time back in China, but that people might want to make some informed decisions for themselves. I don't hold out much hope.

Just a thought... but maybe Covid is what what the world needs ?? We know that we have massive over-population... SE Asia already struggles to produce enough food and has largely 'fished-out' the sea/rivers. There are issues with water supplies in many countries... and of course we have the incessant pollution of our planet with plastics etc.

A 10% worldwide population reduction would make alot of sense... any volunteers ??
There's a few hundred bodies sitting in a rather old building in London that I would like to put forward as volunteers

I am not high risk by most standards, but as male, over 50, and A+ blood group I have aspects that point to a higher risk of serious problems with getting COVID. Having seen two friend suffer for many months with "long COVID" (one 60-ish, one about 28) I don't really want to go down that path.

So far in my life I have had vaccines for (at least) measles, mumps, TB (I think, at least was tested if I needed it), flu, yellow fever, typhoid, hepatitis A, hepatitis B, and rabies. In all cases there is some risk of side-effects, but rationally you get vaccinated if the risk of the disease is higher than the risk of side-effects.

Sadly COVID is not going away, it will be doing the rounds for months if not years to come, so while I might just feel crap for a few day, I might end up with life-long crippling effects from the virus as tens of thousands already are facing.

Reply to Will you be having the vaccine? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock