Discuss Wind Turbines on Farms in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

roukel01

I live in the countryside, and there are litterally loads of Farms dotted about all over with some kind of wind turbine installed. I find it hard to believe all these Farmers are shelling out loads of money for these things unless there is some kind of grant or big insentive.
Could anyone tell me where I could get such information?

Cheers

Some farmers simply rent space to entrepreneurs who fund the turbine, others take 10 year loans over a 20 year FIT guarantee and others use farm cash reserves.

people invest in a turbine and get mad tax write offs for doing so and farms rent there land cheap for a write off pluse they still get to use the land the turbine is on and yes the do put out a lot of energy so they pay for them selfs think that one turbine cost about 1.5 mill to buy assemble and hook up to the grid

people invest in a turbine and get mad tax write offs for doing so and farms rent there land cheap for a write off pluse they still get to use the land the turbine is on and yes the do put out a lot of energy so they pay for them selfs think that one turbine cost about 1.5 mill to buy assemble and hook up to the grid

More like 30 grand

ya i guess if its a turbine at your house but we where talking about 1.5 MW turbines and ya the go for more then 30 grand to buy, assemble, install, and hooking up to the grid. It cost about 30 grand to get the turbine's equipment like the crane and trucks out there. I went to school and know how much it cost to do it all. the blades assembled on the hub alone are the size of a 747 jet most of the time.

Reply to Wind Turbines on Farms in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net