Discuss Winner reaction button has gone? in the Need help with ElectriciansForums.net? area at ElectriciansForums.net

James

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Patron
Reaction score
Want to get your reaction ratio up? - Try to get the new 'Winner' reaction (+ 3 Reaction Points!!)

Okay, so I've just setup the 'Winner' reaction. Which for the moment, can only be used by the Esteemed Members. That's to stop abuse. So an Esteemed member can click it on any post. Other users may be able to use it soon. But I didn't want to skew reactions so let's introduce this slowly.

Edit: I've just enabled it so that I can apply the reaction myself to those who have added some content to the media area of the forum. :) I want to get the video bit filled with some good content, and it's a way to encourage it. If you guys can add some good videos (you can copy and paste YouTube URL's to the Embed Media option in the media area) from electricians you view videos of quite a bit, I will happily consider clicking the winner reaction on the content. :) As I'm not a sparky the videos I am adding mean nothing to me. And ones I understand, aren't interesting to you. So I'm stuck with this one. And need you guys to add videos. So this is my way of trying to do that, and reward you for it.

Click here to add media: https://www.electriciansforums.net/media/add - Let me know if I need to do a 'how-to' thread for you guys to show you how to copy the YouTube URL and add it to the media area.

When a member clicks this on your post, you will gain +3 reaction points!!! - So for every one post, if it's awesome, you could end up having +12 reaction points (an increase of 12 points per 1 post) should 4 Esteemed Members notice your post and value it as 'The Winning Post'. :)

The moment this gets abused by a single member, we have the option to strip the reactions from the member who received them. And to block the member giving them out from using any reactions. Plus or Minus ones.

I wanted to give a chance to those with low ratios to get their scores up a bit. So they too can join the esteemed members. I know that during a few forum upgrades, some actual forum software changes (which are always the ones content is hardest to port over) and some actual 'ratings system' transfers, we've lost a few reactions - so this is a way to return some in some sense. :)

Fingers crossed it gets used as intended. This has opened it up for abuse. So I'll check in every now and again and scan over the Winner reactions and see who is using it, and how they're using it, and whether they're using it well.

I don't want funny sarcastic replies having it applied. Use one of the other ones for those, which can still give a positive reaction.

Note that it is a little Trophy emoji. And along with a few of the other Reactions, they don't fit the theme and really annoy me style-wise. So I will update the actual icon once we have finished adding them to all forums and have found the sweet spot. When I do that, it wont interfere with the actual reactions. It'll just update the icon and place it in a nice round emoji icon that fits with the Like and Dislike options. :)

Enjoy. :) :trophy:

What happened? the little trophie has disappeared.

I've managed to import the old post ratings. I'm messing around with some settings in a bit. Just got some more actual work to do first. :)

Reply to Winner reaction button has gone? in the Need help with ElectriciansForums.net? area at ElectriciansForums.net