Discuss wire size for kitchen socet outlets chart 230 V mains in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

gerd

Hello to everybody, I need to reinstall a new Kitchen, and mabye someone can send me this info please. MCB' s are 32 amp thank you

Regards.:)

Hello to everybody, I need to reinstall a new Kitchen, and mabye someone can send me this info please. MCB' s are 32 amp thank you

Regards.:)

It is not as simple as that, you have to do all the calcs etc its called a design which to comply with Part P and BS7671 you have to do.:rolleyes:

It is not as simple as that, you have to do all the calcs etc its called a design which to comply with Part P and BS7671 you have to do.:rolleyes:

You mean we can't just shove any old wire in that works? :(

To the OP, are you going for a ring or a radial? You do know this work is notifiable and should be tested by a competent person?

You mean we can't just shove any old wire in that works? :(
What? Not even bell wire from the light fitting, via a BC adaptor? Health and safety these days is getting ridiculous.

I've seen it in the sixties.

Any one else here old enough to remember BC to cord adaptors in brown bakelite? :)

Last edited:
Yes but I would never ever admit it (oh dear I just have:))
Chris
Ha Ha! But do you still use them? :)

Last year I came across a mains extension lead being used on my site in Phuket which was made from CAT5 data cable.

Funny thing was, it was running some guy's power drill and worked fine, it was hardly warm.

I destroyed it. To much consternation.

Reply to wire size for kitchen socet outlets chart 230 V mains in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net