Discuss Wired door bell additional chime in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Is there a way of adding an additional wireless chime to an existing wired doorbell installation? Is there a product on the market that includes maybe a module to add to the existing chime that triggers a wireless chime further in the house?

Have a customer in a largish property that is struggling to hear the door bell deeper into the house. I can probably change the whole system to wireless and do it that way but that’ll probably involve some redecorating where the old equipment is removed.

cheers
Dan

go the whole hog and fit a Ring doorbell.

Hi Honeywell do such a kit which ive used in the past with great results

Honeywell DC915SCV

thanks Jason
Thanks Jason, so you’ve used this kit to install a wireless chime while also keeping the existing wired one? That’s exactly what I’m after if you have.

Will take a look at the data sheet on Honeywell site later when home ?

Yep that’s exactly it, I had a Friedland bell in one wired door bell existing and used one of the Honeywell kits as an interface so they could take a wireless bell into the garden which sounded when the wired bell push was used

My doorbell wires are broken inside the wall. I like the original chime, and wonder if I could use a wireless receiver to activate it? Maybe run the receiver speaker wires to the transformer of the original chimes?

Reply to Wired door bell additional chime in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello, I would liked to install a Byron wired doorbell with built in chime and 8v transformer. I'm struggling to get power source. I have a...
Replies
Views
Our old Friedland chime all too often now emits a only faint "ding"- because the person at the door (usually a delivery driver) just "dabs" at...
Replies
Views
I am planning to replace battery powered door bell with one of these mains powered sets...
Replies
Views
HI all, Got a customer that wants a wireless doorbell with two chimes, but sh want to keep her old brass bell pushfor two wire, can it be done...
Replies
Views
Hi, The house I've moved in to doesn't have an extractor in the main bathroom so I'm looking at placing an inline extractor in the attic directly...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock