Discuss Wireless alarm replacement panel in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Scrfta

DIY
Reaction score
Hi. My mother bought a miguard g5 system a few years ago. It looks like the control panel has given up on her!
She has all the sensors around her home already but the control panel appears to be obsolete now. Am I correct in thinking that any 433mhz control panel will work with the sensors she currently has?
Any recommendations if so?
Thanks

Given that the Miguard G5 system is an ERA product I would suggest a call to them to find a compatible system that can use the detectors you have

Am I correct in thinking that any 433mhz control panel will work with the sensors she currently has?
I very much doubt it. 433MHz is the radio link's carrier frequency, but there'll be a code of some kind modulated onto that. 433MHz is used by many R/C devices, including my garage door opener, and you wouldn't want your mother's alarm going off every time a neighbour opens their garage.

I very much doubt it. 433MHz is the radio link's carrier frequency, but there'll be a code of some kind modulated onto that. 433MHz is used by many R/C devices, including my garage door opener, and you wouldn't want your mother's alarm going off every time a neighbour opens their garage.
Hmmm. Ok that sounds logical.

I only thought it because a lot of these cheap chinese ones are saying you can use any brand sensors with them.

It appears that the g5 was discontinued so the best option I can think of is a complete new system. I'll bet good money that a compatible control panel won't be much cheaper than a full system nowadays given that a full house alarm can be bought for under £100

alarm can be bought for under £100

must be crap/the wireless system i installed last month, the gear came to over £500 for an aveage house, 7 detectors.

Reply to Wireless alarm replacement panel in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock