Discuss Wireless alarms in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
hey guys

I've moved into a new property and want to put a wireless alarm in. Ive been looking at the pyronix enforcer. Whats your thoughts on these? I quite like the idea of being able to use the app aswell as adding wireless cameras

Thanks

personally I use Risco. Lightsys (hybrid) or Agility ( totally wireless ).

They do look good alarms but cant find many places on the internet that stock them. Whats the difference between agility 3 and 4 ? and can you add wireless cameras?
think agility 4 is just the latest version. think you need to speak to Risco about cameras. 0161 655 5500. based in Middleton, Manchester.

I can recommend Texecom. They Ricochet system is one of the best. You can add smart com module and have control on your phone(s), easy to program with free software, very good tech support, very easy to expand in future. I would still hardwire sounder if possible

I fitted a Risco Agility 4 for the first time last week, it was quite easy to set up, we also used some of their PIR cameras which were useful, and connected 2 Risco IP cameras for remote live streaming. These systems are great for those that want to self monitor and the app is very easy to use and set up. As the Risco Cloud communications are all P2P there is no need to mess about trying to set up things like port forwarding in routers etc. I did all the programming with the Risco PC software and serial cable. The PC software is fairly good, but is no where near as sleek as say Honeywells PC software.

I fitted a Risco Agility 4 for the first time last week, it was quite easy to set up, we also used some of their PIR cameras which were useful, and connected 2 Risco IP cameras for remote live streaming. These systems are great for those that want to self monitor and the app is very easy to use and set up. As the Risco Cloud communications are all P2P there is no need to mess about trying to set up things like port forwarding in routers etc. I did all the programming with the Risco PC software and serial cable. The PC software is fairly good, but is no where near as sleek as say Honeywells PC software.

Where did you get the kit from and how nuch did it cost if you dont mind me asking? I cant seem to find many places that sell the kits online

The company I work for has a Risco store account, you can sign up online. Then you can then see the trade prices. They have another site which contains all their user, installer and product manuals, you appear to need to sign up separately for that. That site is annoying to navigate as there is a popup advert on almost every alarm link. The websites both time out in very short time. If you are researching a system, expect to sign in many times. I don't think they sell to the general public only alarm/electrical companies. There technical help is very good though.

Last edited:
any sparks can register as an installer with Risco. they will then set up an account, either pre-pay on order or apply for a credit accoulnt. then they will supply you direct. the also do 1/2 day courses on their equpment FOC.

We install Texecom Ricochet, brilliant system very reliable as the units bounce the signal from one device to the other until it reaches the panel, so it you find you have a poor connection you can add something passive like a panic button to relay the signal .

I'll register with risco and price it up. Is there an app for texecom? I've installed some wired ones they are pretty straight forward. Is the only option with texecom a wired keypad?

Do you have to use the wired keypad or can you bin that off and just use a wireless one ? All kits ive seen come with a wired keypad. Do they have the option of adding cameras?

You can bin it off but if you can I'd wire it. even if you put it on the side of the understairs cupboard.

The App supports cameras, we haven't used it yet mind you.

agility use wireless keypads and ext.sounders. only negative is replacing batteries every 2 - 3 years..

The company I work for has a Risco store account, you can sign up online. Then you can then see the trade prices. They have another site which contains all their user, installer and product manuals, you appear to need to sign up separately for that. That site is annoying to navigate as there is a popup advert on almost every alarm link. The websites both time out in very short time. If you are researching a system, expect to sign in many times. I don't think they sell to the general public only alarm/electrical companies. There technical help is very good though.
That went well.

Clicked the link, filled out the form only to get a phone call from them telling me to buy a domestic kit from TLC.
I'm looking for a wireless system for licensed premises.

Guess I'll stick to Scantronic if only for the better customer care.

Reply to Wireless alarms in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net