Discuss Wireless/ App switching.... what do you recommend in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

sythai

Electrician's Arms
Hi All

We've recently got a foot in the door with a decent garden company who are promising lots of work.

There's been talk about wireless/ app controlled lighting, pumps etc.

To be honest I've not been down this route just yet.

Just seeing what makes any of use/ recommended please?

Only want to use decent gear, that's relatively simple to set up for myself and easy to operate for end user.

I've seen Hamilton do a range?

Looks like a lot of cheap tat out there, amazon specials that want to avoid!

Cheers Sy ;-)

TJ Anderson

Mentor
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
Hi All

We've recently got a foot in the door with a decent garden company who are promising lots of work.

There's been talk about wireless/ app controlled lighting, pumps etc.

To be honest I've not been down this route just yet.

Just seeing what makes any of use/ recommended please?

Only want to use decent gear, that's relatively simple to set up for myself and easy to operate for end user.

I've seen Hamilton do a range?

Looks like a lot of cheap tat out there, amazon specials that want to avoid!

Cheers Sy ;-)
If you utilise the cheap wifi controllers to switch your loads via contactors you won't have any prob. Make up little control panels yourself.

AJshep

Electrician's Arms
How far do you want to go ?
How high end are these gardens?

If you just want lights pumps to go on and off a specific times and the functionality of being able to switch them remotely. Then your probably be ok with any of the above as long as you have a good wifi network or range.

If you want different lights or different colours coming on different times of day or specific scenes for a particular day, maybe sprinkler systems to water the garden if no rain, notifications to app users if someone sets of a PIR in the garden after a certain time of the day, then you might be better going for a more professional system, and wire everything back to a central point.
I've used Loxone for a few gardens but it generally puts an extra £600-2000 worth of material's on the job.

Permanent unswitched live colour?

• Brown

Votes: 59 66.3%
  • Black

Votes: 30 33.7%

Electrician Talk

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.