Discuss Wireless control of Valves in a Y Plan Central Heating system in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

dos1001

Does anyone know if any companies do wireless control of the valves in a Y plan system?

I have looked at the Honeywell solution using ST9420C as the controller but this is WIRED. The room stats (DT92E) are wireless to the controller though which is a start.

What I ideally want is a system where the Programmable Controller (ST9420C) wirelessly speaks to a box in my service cupboard with boiler and unvented cylinder which is hard wired into valves and controls them ON and OFF.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

A wireless stat can be used to power a zone valve using the contacts in the wireless transmitter.

The closest I have found has been:

http://www51.honeywell.com/hungary/hirek-details/documents/evotouch_adatlap.pdf

There is mains power to my boiler as part of my kitchen ring main.

But on the Y plan my understanding is that the switching of the boiler is done from the controller.

At the moment I have a unvented cylinder for hot water with coil of hot water running from the system boiler. There is a valve which determines whether the whether to direct hot water into the cylinder for hot water, radiator loop or both. There is a valve to switch of water going through the coil into the cylinder once the cylinder has reached the required temperature. At the moment the controller is positioned locally to the boiler and cylinder is is set to perm "ON" hot water and heat and wired to a room stat which determines when to call for heat.

I want to be able to call for heat from each valve in the different zones wirelessly. Also have a wireless controller in the house to set timings and ask for Hot water boost if necessary. Then a box in the boiler room which receives these wireless signals and is wired locally to the boiler and unvented cylinder valves.

Does this clarify things a bit? The honeywell system is good except to hot water control, just pure heating.

ive just installed one cracking piece of kit with a D92 wirless room stat and a wireless tanks stat programming a tad complicated and should not be rushed but in general a good piece of kit

Reply to Wireless control of Valves in a Y Plan Central Heating system in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net