Aico 3000 Range
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Wireless heating programmer in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

Penfield

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi, a customer has got a wireless programmer and they called earlier saying that they wanted it changed to a standard programmer. Would there be any issues with doing a direct replacement? or is it not as simple as that. I've never fitted a wireless so I don't know how they are installed. It's controlling a combi boiler.

Thanks,

Paul

Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
T

Tiger

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
are you sure it's a progrramer and not a room stat

it's very easy to wire a programmer only problem is if your replacing the wireless one your going to have to run the cables unless you put it right next to the boiler. depending on the combi you can get proggrammers that pop in the front. My money says it's a room stat

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Penfield

...from memory there's a programmer sized receiver unit near to the boiler then a square programmer/ sender unit in the hall. So I was thinking I could scrap the unit in the hall and just replace the receiver unit with a standard programmer. It's definitely a programmer in the hall. They are saying it's a complete nightmare to program.

T

Tiger

Another thought, honeywell do a nice programmerble room stat. It just requires a 3 core. Live neutral and switch live

...from memory there's a programmer sized receiver unit near to the boiler then a square programmer/ sender unit in the hall. So I was thinking I could scrap the unit in the hall and just replace the receiver unit with a standard programmer. It's definitely a programmer in the hall. They are saying it's a complete nightmare to program.

You need a room stat, doo they have a seperate one some where else

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Wireless heating programmer in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!
Top Bottom