uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss Wireless light switches? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Aico 3000 Range
C

cfsfire

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
no no jobs mate sorry.

Just wondering if they could do two way switching. seen them advertised but dont know anyone that has used them.

Last edited by a moderator:

gaffer

-
Arms
Hi
Worked in acustomers house that had these right through the house,supplied by a company called EIB from germany I think.All the switches were just fixed to the walls ,and were useable as two way if needed(also had mood settings and fully dimmable).
Customer also had remote control(a bit like a TV remote)that could be used to control the whole house.Pretty impressive stood in the front drive at night controling lighting in house and garden from the remote!.
Have seen the ones in B&Q but never used them.

C

cfsfire

mk and crabtree do them now not anything fancy like remote control or diffrent light settings. Seen them advertised alot but not seen any prices

A

adamh

just done a quick search on these i'd seen them advertised but never any prices. Looks like u need a switch (£76)and a receiver(96) all exc Vat so for a new 2 way lighting addition it would be £248 + vat as well as cable, light fitting and labour costs i'm sure there is a time and a place these would be of benefit but can't see it coming up that often??

sparks1234

-
Arms
Hi CTS

I have them in my house. Very good but as already quoted, they are not cheap.

Remote Control Dimmer Switches - Chrome Infra Red

Have a look ta these. There are other manufacturers I have seen and better systems.

Cheers

Dave
These are not wireless switches but remote control dimmers, these are made by varilight and reletively cheap, the remote control is only about 7 quid and a 1 gang dimmer about 25 quid, I have found they are a bit tempermental though, they have a tendancy to flicker and also sometimes when I turn the telly on or use another remote control and the lights come on

C

cfsfire

just found them, funny the other day i could find anything about them on google.

heres the link Group G - Wireless Switches at Gil-Lec.co.uk

megga expensive!!!

Cant find any info about the range though would have to be quite a cable run to be cheaper doing it wireless

Reply to Wireless light switches? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
Top Bottom