Discuss Wireless switch? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

T

tobynobody1984

Hi all,

Hoping you can help with a problem.

Just taken over a new install all the 1st fix seems to be in order EXCEPT there is a strapper missing in a intermediate lighting system. Now its a typical new build with chip board floors all the wall have now been plastered so running the missing strapper is going to be a nightmare to say the least.

Is there a wireless option?

We currently only have the switched live cable at the 1st switch, and a three core linking the 2nd and 3rd switch.

Any ideas??

LightwaveRF do some wireless switches but not cheap, I think CEF do some as well

the wireless switches i have seen are exactly that an independant wireless switch. What i should have asked for was a wireless strapper?

I fit some LightwaveRF last week, it is good gear but not sure if it will be accepted by a new build client tbh.

If it were me I would put the cable in and charge accordingly.

easy switch are a waste of space! i rang the tech help line on friday to be told i was being TOO techinical use terms like strappers and intermediate switches!!

There must be a way to get the 3core in, what if it were a re-wire. They can't have a go at you fella if you did not do the 1st fix.......Work to the drawing then there is no come back. What are you doing about notification out of interest if you did not 1st fix the job?

You just took it over from who ever first fixed it, just going to have to tell the site gaffer your strappers missing and get the patcher in, and bill the previous spark. Thats the norm on the sites ive been on. The gaffer wont want a red item with the 10 yr man.

the 1st light switch is below a flat roof extension approx 5m away from the original house structure. The 2nd light is on the ground floor approx 3m into the original house under the space/floor creted in what was the loft.
They have a building control company who apparenty "have the notification in hand" so they are aware and im cover incase of come backs.

The whole reason to look into the wirless option is NOT to disrupt the newly plastered walls ceilings and floors. £150 of switch is expensive but how far does £150 of making good go? It is the client/builders request

Is coving not an option if they don't want you to take boards up, then just slight patching work required?

Toby to be fair you have to bite the bullet and patch. What would you have done if you had a kitchen full of downlighters and no drawing with marked positions. You cant put in wireless lights. The patcher on site and the painter give them 20 quid each and they will sort it out for you. By the time you have sourced rf switching i would have had it done and dusted by now.

its a 10m run accross flat roof extension, void space and exsisting house. to run cable will be half a day for an electrican plus making good and redecoration

Reply to Wireless switch? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock