Discuss wireless thermostats in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

miner69er

hi everyone.
i need some advice, been asked by a customer with no room thermostat to add a wireless one to control room temp. the boiler has a control programmer (manufacturer is lifestyle) for independant hot water and radiators, how do you fit a wireless thermostat? do you need to replace the control programmer with a wireless setup device or does the reciever unit for the wireless thermostat tap into the existing control programmer? as you can tell i've not done a wireless one before! any (clean) comments would be appreciated:D

Normally you have an output that comes from the timer which goes to the stat. Instaed of that it goes to the receiver and then the switchline return (normally from the stat) also comes from the receiver. The 2 units are then linked wirelessly

basically the wireless Thermostat will be supplied with two parts - a wall mounted dialed room thermostat with digital read-out, and a wall mounted receiver that can be located closer to the central heating boiler. the reciever is linked with the unit the same as traditional thermostat.

If you want to have a wireless stat you will have to also fit a single channel timer for the hot water, or use the existing dual channel one, but not use the heating side of it, which in my opinion is not a good practice.

Reply to wireless thermostats in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi there, We have recently replaced our central heating programmer with a Honeywell ST9400C. We now want to replace our old wireless room...
Replies
Views
At the moment it depends on the weather on how well the central heating works, the main problem is the Nest Gen 3 thermostat only measures the...
Replies
Views
Hi people, I’m new to the forum, first post so here goes. I’m wiring a heating control system and at the moment the customer wants as follows; A...
Replies
Views
I'm looking for suggestions, please (as a retired electrician but still active in the voluntary sector). The scenario is a group of 4 log cabins...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, my house has an air-to-heat system that generates hot water in a boiler. This boiler is then connected to the central heating...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock