Discuss Wiring a device with contains N, L1, and L2 inputs. in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Edmund

DIY
Reaction score
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

This is a motion sensor Lamp which I want to install. It is a B.E.G. LUXOMAT PD3N - 1C.
I enclose images of the location where wires from the mains connect and also the wiring diagram. However I am unsure as to what goes where. The instructions are badly printed and unclear.

I do my own electrical work on devices and house because I am in a country where reliable electricians are not to hand. Can you advise on wiring this item. I don't see any options for attaching files to my thread. So I have provided a LINK below (using OneDrive). If you paste the LINK into your Browser and click on Search, a Folder will open with the images mentioned above.

littlespark

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Looking at the round device…. There is an “L-In” which will be the supply, and “L-Out” which is to the load that is being turned on.
The neutral can be looped through on “N”

Avo Mk8

-
Esteemed
Reaction score
This is a motion sensor Lamp which I want to install. It is a B.E.G. LUXOMAT PD3N - 1C.
I enclose images of the location where wires from the mains connect and also the wiring diagram. However I am unsure as to what goes where. The instructions are badly printed and unclear.

I do my own electrical work on devices and house because I am in a country where reliable electricians are not to hand. Can you advise on wiring this item. I don't see any options for attaching files to my thread. So I have provided a LINK below (using OneDrive). If you paste the LINK into your Browser and click on Search, a Folder will open with the images mentioned above.

What you have is not a lamp. It is just a motion sensor. There is nothing by way of a visible light in it.
That's maybe the reason for confusion.
As per littlespark, you wire your supply to L-IN and N, and then the N and L-out to the lamp you want to control.

Reply to Wiring a device with contains N, L1, and L2 inputs. in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net