SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Wiring a extractor fan ??? Help please in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

James.

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi Ive just bought a unwired 150mm two speed extractor fan and im having trouble wiring it up

Ive made up a pic. as best as i can of what it looks like .. Id like to have it wired to the low speed setting,s . I have marked high and low speed on the pic

I hope someone can help me out with this and im a well known danger when it comes to electric

Thanks in advance

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available

ian.settle1

-
Mentor
Arms
Hi Ive just bought a unwired 150mm two speed extractor fan and im having trouble wiring it up

Ive made up a pic. as best as i can of what it looks like .. Id like to have it wired to the low speed setting,s . I have marked high and low speed on the pic

I hope someone can help me out with this and im a well known danger when it comes to electric

Thanks in advance
Whats the black box?

You need to give us a better drawing to sort it out.

J

James.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The black box is the electrical motor. sorry i should have stated that .

I dont know if this pic will help better i copyed the writing from the wiring instructions the long grey box is the terminal box

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Aerlingus

Not quite getting the diagram?

Still not any wiser?

J

Jurassic Spark

It looks like `grey box` is a circuit board with in-built resistors to drop the speed down. Is this correct?
Try rigging up a temporary supply from a plug-top (3amp fuse). Connect live into LL and Neutral into N. If those wires are soldered on to the circuit board - make sure you tape up the wire going to LH to prevent back-feeding.

C

Cirrus

Or spend a bit more and buy a fan which is a little easier to understand and wire;)

J

James.

It looks like `grey box` is a circuit board with in-built resistors to drop the speed down. Is this correct?
Try rigging up a temporary supply from a plug-top (3amp fuse). Connect live into LL and Neutral into N. If those wires are soldered on to the circuit board - make sure you tape up the wire going to LH to prevent back-feeding.
Yes m8 you got it spot on once you says that i figured how it worked , The wires are not soldered they screw in i could have tryed harder with my pic sorry . but you told me what i needed to know :)

the way i had it wire was wrong to start with even know it was giving me max speed still .I had the live in LL and the neutral in LH :eek:

But now i know Neutral in N and live in eather LH or LL for high or low speed .

It seems so easy now once some 1 put me on the right rd nice one m8 thank you

Or spend a bit more and buy a fan which is a little easier to understand and wire;)
I did spend a few quid on it i thought you would have got it stright away :) Cool site

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available

Reply to Wiring a extractor fan ??? Help please in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Top Bottom