Discuss Wiring a Zanussi ZCV662MXC Cooker in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

Terry Sparks

Can anyone help me?
My previous 2 cookers were wired up in the same manner a regular plug.
I've taken the back plate off my new Zanussi but there doesn't seem to be anywhere for the live,neutral and earth wire to go. Do I need additional connectors?
I'm total stumped by this and would appreciate any assistance
Cheers
Terry

Hi,
You can't just put them on a plug! There are several issues with regards to installing of cookers and if you are needing to ask this kind of question then I would sugest that you may need professional assistance.

sounds like you will need a dedicated new circuit for the cooker, unless you have a cooker isolator already in situ. either way, it's a call to your friendly local spark. you could get a plumber or kitchen fitter in , but i wouldn't recommend it.

I had the panel off that's half way down on left hand side. Doesn't seem to be any obvious way to connect the 3 wires. The wires I'm connecting are from a dedicated cooker isolator but my issue is where to put them into the cooker. There are 6 large screw points. 3 with covers for 220v and 3 accessable for 240v. Each of the 3 screws corresponds to the cooker wiring for L,N & E. It's at this location I can see nowhere to connect the wires from my cable.

probably need to go on lug or wrap round under screw... but you wouldnt know unless you seen it any pics, the one with the cover is probably the one you after.... but think twice

surely the instructions will tell you which cover and where the connections are.

sounds like you will need a dedicated new circuit for the cooker, unless you have a cooker isolator already in situ. either way, it's a call to your friendly local spark. you could get a plumber or kitchen fitter in , but i wouldn't recommend it.
bloody kitchen fitters....one of em pulled out one of those crappy 99p "neons" that you can get.....nearly took it off him and threw it in the skip when i saw him attempting a safe isolation with it....ffs.....lent him my steinels....hope it rubs of and he gets some of his own.........

shunts... we're back to plumbers again ( well it rhymes with a word i have for plumbers)

Reply to Wiring a Zanussi ZCV662MXC Cooker in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net