Discuss Wiring advice please. in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

DannyL

DIY
Reaction score
Hi, Can anyone advise how these cables would be wired into the socket please. How a grey,black,brown & blue would go into a brown & blue socket ? Its an induction hob. Any help please.

Attachments

• thumbnail_DSC_1696.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 29
  • thumbnail_DSC_1697.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 28
1. you need the wiring instructions for the hob.
2. that cooker point wiring looks dodgy. no sleeving on the cpc (earth) wire and sloppy cable dressing.

1. you need the wiring instructions for the hob.
2. that cooker point wiring looks dodgy. no sleeving on the cpc (earth) wire and sloppy cable dressing.
Hi, we have the instructions but its vague as usual. Yes and I agree it does look dodgy but ive not seen the 5 wires before and cannot understand why so many for a cooker point ? Many thanks.

Presumably its an induction hob and can be wired for three phase I imagine one is earth one neutral and the other L1 L2 L3. As you have single phase it is most likely you would have to change some links unless the links are already in place for the UK single phase. The wiring diagram is vital. Can you show it us? and can you take a picture of where the wire is in the induction hob you know the connection part?

Last edited:
The red and black wires at the back are the supply I think, it looks like they would have done better to go into the top of the terminal block and the supply to the cooker in the bottom

Presumably its an induction hob and can be wired for three phase I imagine one is earth one neutral and the other L1 L2 L3. As you have single phase it is most likely you would have to change some links unless the links are already in place for the UK single phase. The wiring diagram is vital. Can you show it us? and can you take a picture of where the wire is in the inducation hob?
This is all thats in the book and this is the wiring thats pre wired into the hob.

Attachments

• thumbnail_DSC_1697.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 22
  • thumbnail_DSC_1700.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 23
so they are bridging the N's and L!-2-3. The rreason I asked for a picture of where the cable connnects into the hob is so I can see what is bridged with links. So you could use the existing cooker cable as it is free? and link to we know not what. As they show in the diagram a single phase linked diagram but is that how it is at the hob connection physically? Get rid of the cable that comes for threephase

so they are bridging the N's and L!-2-3. The rreason I asked for a picture of where the cable connnects into the hob is so I can see what is bridged with links. So you could use the existing cooker cable as it is free? and link to we know not what. As they show in the diagram a single phase linked diagram but is that how it is at the hob connection physically? Get rid of the cable that comes for threephase
Thankyou Ive done it. I found a tutorial online. Thankyou for taking the time to reply.

Reply to Wiring advice please. in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net