Discuss Wiring bellbox to Galaxy 2-20 Alarm Panel - Unsure about terminals in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hello all,

Today I tried to move the location of my parents ADT bellbox but made an amateurish mistake. The original cabling going from the Galaxy 2-20 alarm panel to the bellbox, was via 12 core alarm cable using the colours brown, blue, yellow and orange at the BELL part of the PCB. However, when appearing at the bellbox, the cable emerges with 6 cores, making use of the red, blue, yellow and black wires, so obviously it has been junction boxed along the way. I stupidly failed to test the cable before snipping it and sealing the hole in the wall, so now am unsure about which terminals correspond to which between the bellbox and the panel.

At the BELL section of the panel, the following terminals were being used (see 'Panel' image attached):

12v+
0v
T

At the Bellbox, the following terminals were being used (see 'Bellbox' image attached):

H+
H-
RTN
R-

Could anyone clarify how the two correspond please; i'm guessing that the 12v+ should be connected to the H+ terminal but not really sure about the others! Thank you in anticipation to all.

Bellbox.jpg Panel.jpg

I managed to figure it out but thank you very much for the quick reply. It's all working and armed now although I noticed another problem whilst doing the work (alarm doesn't activate when bellbox cover removed), which i'll set up another topic for.

Reply to Wiring bellbox to Galaxy 2-20 Alarm Panel - Unsure about terminals in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net