Discuss Wiring Diagram for a Bosch (/Maytag) side-by-side fridge-freezer. in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
This unit is around 20 years old. Parts are hard to source for anything that old. It is branded Bosch, Model number KGU6695, though I think it is probably rebadged Maytag in other markets.

The icemaker recently failed (or more correctly the motor mounting points on the plastic chassis for the ice delivery auger shattered), and we repaired it with a bit of Aluminium panel, but now the solenoid that opens the hatch that dumps the ice cubes into your tumbler doesn't actuate. The solenoid itself bench tests OK, so I'm looking at the solenoid drive signal (230V).

The weird thing is that the solenoid has always actuated at the same time as the auger, so I can't figure out why they have separate drive signals - hence my request for a schematic, so I can maybe see what's going on.

1645083530081.png

Reply to Wiring Diagram for a Bosch (/Maytag) side-by-side fridge-freezer. in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock