Discuss Wiring diagram for a combined dunsley stove and gas boiler system. in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

krissiboy

I've been asked to wire a heating system which I havent done before. Plumber a bit vague in how its all supposed to work. Don't even think he knows!!

It incorporates a dunsley baker log burner stove and condensing system boiler. It's a gravity fed hot water tank with a neutralizer underneath the hot water cylinder.

It includes a pipe stat, tank stat, room stat, 2 channel programmer, motorized valve(normally closed) which is on a pipe feeding the heating coil in the cylinder and 2 circulating pumps.

The zone valve has different colours that I'm used to, theses are white, pink, orange, blue and green/yellow. I'm assuming the latter colours are neutral and earth. Any ideas on the others?

Would I be right in saying that the pipe stat controls the pump which circulates the log burner hot water and the tank stat controls the gas boiler hot water when its timed to come on?

Any websites I can download from. I've tried dunsley/baker but they only have plumbing diagrams!!

Thanks in advance.

Not 100% sure on your set up, but i think that your pipe stat will control the pump but only kick it in, when it gets above a set temp as you dont want cold water being circulated below temp as it shortens the lifespan of the stove due to corrosion.
Pump may also need to kick in, in the event of an overheat situation via a high limit stat.

I am thinking that your boiler would be a standard y plan set up.

Heat escape radiator may be needed but this is beyond me. The plumber/heating engineer needs to know exactly what he is doing for this type of set up or it could be a ticking timebomb and remember it wont just be the heating engineer/plumber who carries the can if it goes pear shaped

There are drawings on the Dunsley site, I viewed them when I did a system at my Son's house, although I developed my own wiring scheme to suit my exact needs.
You need to know if the system has a heat leak rad or uses the cylinder as a leak, if the latter then the M.V is a special that is powered closed but springs open when there's a power failure, or in normal use when the tank is calling for heat you drop the supply to it to let it open.

see here;
http://www.dunsleyheat.co.uk/LINKUP_LEAFLET.pdf

Last edited:

Reply to Wiring diagram for a combined dunsley stove and gas boiler system. in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net