Discuss Wiring down under in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

sparks1234

-
Arms
Reaction score
I did have a little chuckle when I was in New Zealand and managed to find this in my hotel room, shut the door quick on it though

Attachments

• oEotJosUTeiI1hhmwLaNBg.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 113
I see your concern...loads of dust and cobwebs, and the hinges are squint

Slotted screws don't line up in the hinges, neither do the bare brass ones in the Top and Bottom row Ceramic fuse carriers.
Labels are all over the place.
Some of the Fuse holders are upside down.

I would say not quite that old. PDL didn't start up until 1937 and the use of micro-break main switches really started in the late 40s / early 50s

Was the hand-wired, hinged panel format widespread in NZ? We never used it here, but it was popular in various parts of Europe.

Looks about normal.

My brother in law lives out there, and when we visited I couldn’t resist having a look.
Wired in singles behind that hinged plate.
Like an industrial control panel door but much less neat.
Board was outside so if you were unlucky enough to need to access it, it would be dark and raining.

Interesting accessories as well. Same size back box for everything. Switches or sockets, just mounted different. Horizontal or vertical.

The plug pins were at 45degrees to the flex of the appliance, so it didn’t matter if a socket was vertical or horizontal, or if a 2 gang socket was mounted one above the other, or side by side.

Reply to Wiring down under in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I removed my baseboard electrical heaters (1981 installed) due to finishing off the room. When I had a new AC ductwork installed they changed the...
Replies
Views
I have a main panel beside my meter on the house built in 1987. Then a 4 wire feed into a 200 amp panel on an inside wall of my basement. All of...
Replies
Views
Hello, Behind a tiny door in our under stairs cupboard we’d like to build a miniature room in which a little light would come on when the door...
Replies
Views
Hi all hope u all have a fab christmas , my name is Nick and i bought a roller garage door it got delivered yesterday but due to holidays the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have two questions regarding wiring and containment on commercial property stairwells in Ireland. We are currently wiring a 3 story...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock