Discuss Wiring dual fuel oven in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

toffeeyank77

I'm replacing my current dual fuel oven (Belling D841) with a new dual fuel oven (Hotpoint HUD61G). I've got a Gas Safe plumber coming tomorrow to disconnect current oven and connect the new one. However I'm think of doing the electrics myself. I understand this is against regs (I think?) but looking at the wiring, it's simply a case of replacing like for like. There's a 6mm cable with the three individual wires inside wired up to the Belling at the moment. My only concern is different voltage on the two ovens, but as they're both double oven (electric) and gas hobs, surely it's as simple as rewiring a plug?!? Advice greatly received :)

Hey if your getting a "gas safe plumber" to do the gas, why not (and I know this might sound odd) get an electrician in for the electrics. But I suppose as you say "surely its as simple as rewireing a plug", so good luck with that then.

red to brown, green to green and yellow, blue to bits, call a spark. ans as above. gas is just a simple plug in.

The Kw rating of new cooker and the existing install methods of the cable along with the fuse rating need to be taken into account to ensure the 'possible' simple task of reconnecting is is safe to both you and your existing wiring.

As has been pointed out with sarcasm why employ someone who is Gas safe to plug a pipe in and issue a cert' if your going to cut corners on the electric which are equally as dangerous if not done correctly.

Just because your old cooker worked ok with no problems doesn't mean the existing wiring was actually safe.

A ÂŁ30 ish call out fee to give peace of mind about the safety of your family can't be overlooked... :smiley2:

Reply to Wiring dual fuel oven in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net