SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss wiring fire alarms in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

sparkyork

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

hey up all, had a rescent site visit to a job in leeds regarding fire alarms, he mentioned about possibility of wiring in 4 core fp to these combined sounder/detector bases. only concerns ive got is that i dont do these everyday and dont wanna confuse me self doing it this way.

am i better just going for 2 core method? points or comments appreciated:D

Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
R

rumrunner

Its easy enough if you do a wee drawing before you start,it depends on how big the job is weather theres much difference in cost which ever way youj do it
good luck

T

tony.towa

Hi Rich,

Wiring in the combined strobe/sounder/sensor is a doddle. Just decide your colour for each fuction and away you go. If just a normal sensor or sounder are required in a specific location these can be used as well. Can save quite a bit of time on installation and a hell of a lot of P clips if you are surface mounting the cable.

Like Rum says there can be a substancial difference in cost of materials so on a smaller installation the time save may not compensate for the additional materials cost.

Tony

Last edited by a moderator:
S

sparkyork

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
cheers guys ill give it some thought today. have a nice day

G

Gazza D

You could also consider a 'savwire' alarm it uses one 2 core for both sounders and detection, but reverses polarity when in alarm so the sounders sound! You need special 'savwire' detector bases but you can use conventional sounders/beacons etc. If it is a small installation, that is the way I'd go.

I used to install fire alarms for Chubb, so I'm pretty good with these!

B

bongo

well better late than never......

I'am under the impression that multi circuits with a cable are not permitted?

hence 3 core common neg detection & bell circuits being in the past?

the only 4 core fp I see is for mall relays

Reply to wiring fire alarms in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Top Bottom