Discuss Wiring for Central Heating Controls in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

C

chloebear

Hi All,
:eek: I have to first fix some heating control cables, mainly to thermostats, and the heating guy's have all done a magic trick and vanished - so I have 3 programmable thermostats to wire for, my main question is - do the each of the thermostats run seperatly back to the wiring centre box, and next 2.5 or 1.5 cable?
You can probably tell from this that heating controls is not my thing.

Hi, If you are talking about controls for gas central heating, then1.0mm would be adequate, it's only control wiring.
Yes run them back from each location separately.

Thanks for the reply, it is an oil fired boiler,various zones so I am told, I understand the 1.00mm for the control cables etc would be fine for the valves etc - it's just the size of 3 core/earth for the Thermostats I am unsure of.:confused:

Well, the thermostats will operate the zone valves, so yes, 1.0mm is fine. Though I'm assuming this isn't some ginormous factory complex with lots of volt drop involved?

You will have to make sure that each stat operates the right zone valve for that area

Reply to Wiring for Central Heating Controls in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock