• Welcome to the new forum. We're now hosted on ElectriciansForums.net rather than ElectriciansForums.co.uk - Chat about the forum upgrade by CLICKING HERE

Welcome to our Electrical Forum - We started out providing electrical advice just for the UK - But now we have specific advice for the USA too! - Register for free and share American Electrical Advice.

Discuss Wiring for new 16 Amp oven in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Wilko

Electrician's Arms
Myself, I wouldn’t likely be putting a new remote CU for a cooker on top of a B32 RFC. If it needed it’s own B16 it would be sitting in the CU and feeding the appliance in the usual way. But that’s just me, I can’t comment on what someone else would do.

Pretty Mouth

Regular EF Member
That's fair enough Wilko, what you say would certainly be better practice. There are times when best practice is hard to achieve - no spare ways in the CU, expensive decoration, you know the sorts of things. It's nice to have other options which, while perhaps not ideal, will still get the job done

Beeg

DIY
Sorry to ask yet another question on this thread.
I’ve found an oven which is 13amp but it doesn’t come with a plug and says it must be hardwired.
Does anyone have any idea of the reason for this?
Is there any reason why a plug can’t be fitted to it?

Thanks again
Beeg

ETA... I appreciate that MIs should always be followed, I’m just intrigued as to why this might be the case.

Attachments

Last edited:

James the Spark1976

electricity is it real or just magic?
Electrician's Arms
Sorry to ask yet another question on this thread.
I’ve found an oven which is 13amp but it doesn’t come with a plug and says it must be hardwired.
Does anyone have any idea of the reason for this?
Is there any reason why a plug can’t be fitted to it?

Thanks again
Beeg

ETA... I appreciate that MIs should always be followed, I’m just intrigued as to why this might be the case.
They are not manufacturers instructions, just the advertised spec.

Electrician Talk

Electrical 2 Go - Electrical Supplier and Electrical Wholesalers
Electrical Insurance
ElectriciansForums.net (formerly known as ElectriciansForums.co.uk) was setup in April 2006 to provide free electrical advice to both professional and DIY electricians. Whether seeking advice for auto electrics, trying to find electrical installation condition reports (EICR) form downloads, or whether you're here just to talk to other electricians; we've been a first-choice website for tens of thousands of sparkies for well over a decade.