Discuss Wiring for wireless light switch in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi,
I need help wiring a new switch.

The new switch has 2 black wires, a white wire and a ground wire. It's a wireless switch, btw. So I want my outside light to be on a wireless switch so I can time it on or turn it on when I'm not home.

The existing switch are 2 switches, one that serves the outside light and one that serves the inside foyer light. The way the wiring is done is the white wires are not connected, the copper wires are not connected, but the black wires connect from one to another. Here is a picture.

Any help is appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_0948.jpg
    359 KB · Views: 12
The wireless switch seems to be the type that needs a neutral. You would need to replace the existing crimped connections of the hots, neutrals and grounds with new wirenuts or lever nuts. Add the new switch neutral and ground to the existing three neutrals and three grounds.Then replace the existing hot pigtail of the removed switch with the hot feed wire of the new switch. Finally a 4th nut is needed to connect the load side (output) of the new switch to the hot wire to the light.

Reply to Wiring for wireless light switch in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I bought this house a couple months ago. It was built in 1952 (same as me) but has been rewired with yellow 12 awg Romex dated 2007. Looks like a...
Replies
Views
First, sorry if I'm not in the correxct thread. I'm trying to replace an old switch with a WIFI switch and cannot seem to do it right. There are...
Replies
Views
Hello, I currently have two switches in my bathroom. One controls the lights above the sink and the other controls a light above the toilet and...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I've moved into a flat and I've decided to replace the original electric switches and sockets with white ones. I've done them all...
Replies
Views
Hi I am trying to replace my old white light switches for nice chrome ones but the wires are all red but the new switch has only l1 l2 top and...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock