Discuss Wiring & fuses required for new Neff hob & double oven ? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

st1300

Hi guys,

A little bit of advice would be most appreciated:

I have just purchased a Neff 4 ring ceramic electric hob with a total load rating of 6.6 KW &

Neff double built in electric stainless steel oven (going into tall cabinet) both oven consumption of 0.79 KW each with a total load rating of 5.7 KW.

What wiring & amp fuse/rcd will I require presumably both need hard wiring & what should I be expecting to pay an electrician to do the job ?

What you are asking is situation dependent and we have so little info on your existing install and the info required with your limited knowledge will be hard for you to forward so you will struggle for any real answer, I recommend you find local firms 2 or 3 and get a few free quotes. (post your location we may have a member close)

Welcome to the forum ...PS if your digging for an answer to do this yourself then you won't get one too many factors are involved and at the end of the day your family's safety isn't worth the cost cutting.

If not then we need you to give a full electrical detail of your incoming mains and its earthing plus your bonding, the consumer unit you have and available spare ways as well as distance and install methods, then we may be able to guide you.

Last edited:
Thanks I will gather more info.....rest assured I won't be trying it myself !

Thanks I will gather more info.....rest assured I won't be trying it myself ![/QUOTE]

Ok there is a cooler there hard wired into a cooker switch which then goes back to the electrical mains board to a 32amp rub (man's board changed to rub when house rewired in 2010

Thanks I will gather more info.....rest assured I won't be trying it myself ![/QUOTE]

Ok there is a cooker there hard wired into a cooker switch which then goes back to the electrical mains board to a 32amp rcb (mains board changed to rcb when house rewired in 2010

then it should be a simple job to do if the hob and oven are both close to the cooker switch. i did send you a pm offering to quote.

Reply to Wiring & fuses required for new Neff hob & double oven ? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock