Discuss wiring heating system in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

look in the central heating forum. ther's wiring diagrams for S,Y, W, plan systems.

ive got one in front of me the plumber gave me. you come and stay at mine, il let you off staurday to watch motorbikes, then you can help me. 50 a day

plus beer and smokes, you're on. ( but that will cost an additional 100/day)

i under stand the drawing/danfoss 2 x 2 port valves ,a room stat , cylender stat, boiler and pump all come back to wiring wiring centre wichh is beside the 5A supply and the 2 channel time clock mounted beside this..

4c 1mm flex should cover it all according to diagram

the new boiler takes l-n-e but it can supply the pump from same connection , would i just leave taking this back to wiring centre?? so run pump off boiler connector

danfoss fp715 2 channel time clock and thermostat ret 230 and diagram looks easy to follow.

do you guys normally mount wiring centre beside valves(surface mount)?

does the wiring centre have knockouts??

Last edited:
if my local wholesaler doesnt have danfoss products i require .

will any 2 channel, 2port valves equipment work??

price to be considered aswell.

Find out if the pump is internal or external. Wiring centre normally goes where the valves are, they come with appx 1m lead so mae sure they reach the w/c. The fused spur should be near the boiler but if impractical an isolation switch should be there fed from the w/c. The T/C can be fed from the wiring centre and they do have knock outs, you can use a 2g surface pattress with a connector strip and blank plate for the w/c but this can be untidy. A 2 port valve is a 2port valve and a room stat is a room stat with the proviso that electronic r/s's require a neutral, run a 3c/e to it anyway then you are covered. Timeclock can be in the A/C with the w/c, valves, pump etc but is often put in the kitchen for ease of use. Gas boilers are generally protected by a 3A fuse and oil by a 5A.

Last edited:
yes sounds good, my fused spur and wiring centre will be beside boiler/pump/valves which will be boxed off and where the box is fitted around the boiler and pipes i can put my timeclock here right beside it.. it does seem easy. just never did it before.. yes 5A fuse. so what system would this be ??? splan/yplan

Find out if the pump is internal or external. Wiring centre normally goes where the valves are, they come with appx 1m lead so mae sure they reach the w/c. The fused spur should be near the boiler but if impractical an isolation switch should be there fed from the w/c. The T/C can be fed from the wiring centre and they do have knock outs, you can use a 2g surface pattress with a connector strip and blank plate for the w/c but this can be untidy. A 2 port valve is a 2port valve and a room stat is a room stat with the proviso that electronic r/s's require a neutral, run a 3c/e to it anyway then you are covered. Timeclock can be in the A/C with the w/c, valves, pump etc but is often put in the kitchen for ease of use. Gas boilers are generally protected by a 3A fuse and oil by a 5A.

It's an s-plan with two valves, a y-plan has a single 3 port mid position valve.

As I've said on here before, learning what each component does and why will serve you well in years to come, there is money to be made by sorting out heating problems that other sparks won't touch!

My 'Aaaah!' moment was when I found out what the orange wire did! Study and cash in!! :D

Last edited:

Reply to wiring heating system in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net