Discuss Wiring Hot Tub in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

will try to flush the pumps out then that sounds good other than that there is no short in circuit, tested the sub circuit run to garage board and its fine tested individual circuit and is fine.

So what the Manufacturers name of this Hot Tub, and the model number?? Perhaps then, ...someone can then give you far better information which is based on actual data... lol!!!

What is the floor made of, which this Hot Tub stands on, Bare ground, Grass, Concrete, Paving tiles, Wooden decking etc??

Right been over to see the hot tub myself and what he told me is ******** he got of the internet and what he thought was tripping!

This is the situation with the Hot Tub:

Make: Balboa Water Group
Ran from garage consumer unit from main board in kitchen via a 50amp mcb to the garage consumer unit which also has 50amp mcb (so no discrimination) then to an isolating switch for the hot tub then to hot tub.

It is fully earthed and is protected by a 30 mA rcd, performed ramp test and ittrips at 23.0 mA.

It is ran in 10mm Armoured cable so plenty big enough.

Hot tub runs fine and starts up you can select the 2 modes of bubbles and it works fine all the lights are on it works fine, when the thermostat clicks the heating on, it shows the light and stays on for about 30 seconds then trips the Rcd.

Sounds like the heating element is on its way out. Is it new or second hand? How old is it?

they have said it is 3 years old bought new I guess, heater does sound like it needs replacing.

Hot Tub Tripping

Right been over to see the hot tub myself and what he told me is ******** he got of the internet and what he thought was tripping!

Ran from garage consumer unit from main board in kitchen via a 50amp mcb to the garage consumer unit which also has 50amp mcb (so no discrimination) then to an isolating switch for the hot tub then to hot tub.

It is fully earthed and is protected by a 30 mA rcd, performed ramp test and ittrips at 23.0 mA.

Hot tub runs fine and starts up you can select the 2 modes of bubbles and it works fine all the lights are on it works fine, when the thermostat clicks the heating on, it shows the light and stays on for about 30 seconds then trips the Rcd.

Read more: http://www.electriciansforums.net/e...ons/62192-wiring-hot-tub-2.html#ixzz24TiygYrk

Re: Hot Tub Tripping

oh, no, have to agree again. think i'm going to have another heart attack.

heating element , as mentioned , is toast.
and......
GFCI = ground fault circuit interupter = rcd ;-)

i've had a flick through the USA wiring regs or National Electric Code as its known , and boy is it a heavy read lol , 3 times thicker the uk 17th edition.
i lead a sheltered life.

Re: Hot Tub Tripping

Read more: http://www.electriciansforums.net/e...ons/62192-wiring-hot-tub-2.html#ixzz24TiygYrk
Yep, 30 second delay till the thermo controller ( West? Eurotherm? Omron? Something like that) finished initializing itself, then the heater contactor kicks in
then the faulty heater trips the RCD.

Hard water, scale on e heater, can't dissipate the heat to the water, expands, cracks, ...

Two separate threads on the same question is going to cause confusion for those who are trying to assist you. I've merged both threads into one for you.

Reply to Wiring Hot Tub in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock