Discuss Wiring in of a Bosch single oven rate at 2,990w in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Good afternoon all I am a new to this forum and just wanted to say Hi. I am not a electrician but a retired builder of some 6 years and still doing the odd job for friends and family . I require some help with an issue I've come across in my daughters kitchen. I'm replacing her double oven that's wired from the fuse board with 6mm cable into a 45amp double socket and then wired directly to the oven. The single oven she wants to purchase is a Bosch HBS534BSOB that's 2,990w connection rating and current rating of 13amp.

Looking at the specification of the new oven I think it could be run from the 32amp ring main. Before calling in am electrician will the 6mm cable have to be removed and replaced with 2.5mm cable as I can get that done to save some time. I'm hoping you will be able to help me with this matter. Brian

get a local sparks to hard wire into existing set-up, unless it comes with a fitted plug.

Hi - according to the instructions that oven comes with a manufacturer’s connection cable 1.2m long, with no plug fitted. Is there a gas hob or electric?

Good afternoon all I am a new to this forum and just wanted to say Hi. I am not a electrician but a retired builder of some 6 years and still doing the odd job for friends and family . I require some help with an issue I've come across in my daughters kitchen. I'm replacing her double oven that's wired from the fuse board with 6mm cable into a 45amp double socket and then wired directly to the oven. The single oven she wants to purchase is a Bosch HBS534BSOB that's 2,990w connection rating and current rating of 13amp.

Looking at the specification of the new oven I think it could be run from the 32amp ring main. Before calling in am electrician will the 6mm cable have to be removed and replaced with 2.5mm cable as I can get that done to save some time. I'm hoping you will be able to help me with this matter. Brian
I would change the cooker nosing to a 13 amp unswitched spur outlet

Thanks guys for the reply's we haven't purchased the oven yet so I will have to go on Bosch website to read installation manual again. She's looking to get a new ceramic hob to match the oven to which I believe comes with a plug fitted. Does it mean that we can use the existing wiring from the consumer unit up to the 45 amp socket and get a spark's to hard wire the oven to the socket the oven will be the only item on that circuit. I assume that the NCB in the consumer unit will have to be replaced as the current rating is 13 amps.

Thanks guys for the reply's we haven't purchased the oven yet so I will have to go on Bosch website to read installation manual again. She's looking to get a new ceramic hob to match the oven to which I believe comes with a plug fitted. Does it mean that we can use the existing wiring from the consumer unit up to the 45 amp socket and get a spark's to hard wire the oven to the socket the oven will be the only item on that circuit. I assume that the NCB in the consumer unit will have to be replaced as the current rating is 13 amps.
should be fine. the MCB is to protect the cable so, if a 6mm cable feed, then a 32A MCB is approproiate.

Hi guys thank you all, I appreciate your information and responses to my posts will look at getting an Induction hob rather than a ceramic, will look to getting a sparks when ready to install oven and hob.

Reply to Wiring in of a Bosch single oven rate at 2,990w in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock