Discuss Wiring of Salus RT510RF thermostat to Vokera Compact HE29 in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi Guys I have an old room stat which is located upstairs in the hallway that I wanted to replace with the Salus RT510RF so I can take it from room to room. I was hoping to just swap it over but I think I will need to run additional cables, if that's the case I might as well just run a standard room stat from the living room to the boiler in the kitchen which is only 2m away. Any comments, recommendations, advise etc would be greatly appreciated as the wiring in the boiler is throwing me a little. Many thanks

20171221_144121.jpg

20171222_131120.jpg

Make those cables safe, they will probably have 230v accross them. Then wire in the Salus at the boiler, or airing cupboard using 5 core flex as shown in this diagram;

Hi Madocks should I just bypass the timer on the boiler altogether by removing all the cables from the chock & wire COM & ON directly to the chock?

View attachment 40148

I would, let the salus have full control, only concern I have is the little M in the diagram. Not sure what it is, looks like just a feed to the clock but could it be a motor of some sort perhaps? theres only a L&N going to it, but does the internal clock control some motor? label the wires up and fit the salus and see if it works :)

I would, let the salus have full control, only concern I have is the little M in the diagram. Not sure what it is, looks like just a feed to the clock but could it be a motor of some sort perhaps? theres only a L&N going to it, but does the internal clock control some motor? label the wires up and fit the salus and see if it works :)
Thanks I will do cheers for the advise

Reply to Wiring of Salus RT510RF thermostat to Vokera Compact HE29 in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net