Discuss Wiring outdoor Wall Sconce LED Light in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

JiSingh12

DIY
Reaction score
Hi guys,

my whole post got deleted so time to write again.

I am used to wiring indoor lights but need some help for outdoor. We are putting in 4 LED Wall lights and i am wondering what cable to use for it? Is it SWA, SY, Outdoor Rubber Flex, or something else? Can i just use basic 1.5MM T&E that i have laying around from indoor projects, and as it is weaker than outdoor cable, could i use it and bury it in outdoor conduit? The lights are rated at approx. 5W according to the Amazon listing, and also they use mains power. Therefore have inputs for Live, Earth, Neutral.

It is within touchable distance as will only be around 1M off the ground, it is to light up the front of the house so I am guessing there is guidelines/regulations about what is used and how?

So basically which cable is best to use, and I was planning to just take power from the closest indoor socket and terminate with a standard 13A plug on the end so i can just turn it off and on all at once.

Thank you
Ji

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07T63NTJS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

indoors you can use T/E to go out through wall into a wiska box. then use black sheathed flex (pond flex or H07RN) to the outside lights.

indoors you can use T/E to go out through wall into a wiska box. then use black sheathed flex (pond flex or H07RN) to the outside lights.
I want to terminate using a standard 13A plug in a socket... from my understanding the Pond Flex is only 0.75mm according to Screwfix website (it's all I can find), and research shows me that 0.75mm can only use 6A fuse?

Or would it be okay? I mean I doubt the load would get anywhere near 6A in the first place.

sorry, ignore my previous message.

I got some 1.5MM Pond Flex from Screwfix, only needed 10M.

What's your idea of the best way to wire it? Should I bury the cable and just use junction boxes or wagos under the soil, or just use outdoor junction box and have it on the wall.. debating.

sorry, ignore my previous message.

I got some 1.5MM Pond Flex from Screwfix, only needed 10M.

What's your idea of the best way to wire it? Should I bury the cable and just use junction boxes or wagos under the soil, or just use outdoor junction box and have it on the wall.. debating.
you must not burythe pond flex. clip to wall. 13A plug with 5A fuse.

Reply to Wiring outdoor Wall Sconce LED Light in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock