Discuss wiring PIR to scantronic 9651PD in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

colfair

Trying to fit a standard PIR using FSL conjnections method and cannot get the the resistance to change to 6K9 when PIR is activated! Can anyone help?

Check pir, some units dont actual have relay contacts. They used an old method of switch negitive on the nc wires.
To check this, out of circuit check NC tracks on back of pcb for a linked track between nc conections.
In circuit ie powered up, check nc connections for operation with meter.

Pyronix KX range are perfect as you can use them in all situations and both types of wiring and if you are using FSL then you can use jumpers to suit the resistance you require to each circuit

I'm not sure how, if it's as you say, a standard PIR, then it should be "compatible"....

For that panel, and FSL - you need a 4k7 resistor across your "alarm" terminals in the PIR (together with one of your FSL pair on one terminal only.... you then from the other alarm terminal wire a 2k2 resistor to the first tamper terminal, and then put the second FSL wire in the other tamper terminal. Provide power in the normal way. Close lid. Activate detector, voila.... 6k8 or 6k9 usually give or take 10%.

The 4k7 is a shunt resistor - when the device goes active, rather than simply going open circuit, it will increase resistance through the shunt. The 2k2 end of line is a monitor resistor - it sees the 2k2 value as a "closed" circuit - or one that is not active, not in trouble.

When the alarm circuit opens, 4k7 +2k2 = 6k9 (+-10%). When tamper is open, open circuit. When all clear 2k2. Simples.

Reply to wiring PIR to scantronic 9651PD in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have a baffling problem with a newly-installed PIR floodlight and I'd like advice from the forum as to whether it's defective (and should be...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm an I.T.. engineer with some outdated electrical experience. I qualified C&G 2330 17th edition about 15 years ago, but my only experience...
Replies
Views
Hi everybody. We had a Texecom system installed 3 years ago. Earlier this year we had a battery problem and the installer came back and changed...
Replies
Views
Good evening! Don’t have a huge deal of experience with fire alarms but having to work on a conventional system at the minute with various...
Replies
Views
Hi I’ve recently installed a texecom veritus excel alarm system but having an issue with the sounder not going off when triggered by the pir I’ve...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock