Discuss Wiring pir in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

Cj24

Hi when wiring a pir with em lights in the circuit I always wire my feed to pir then sw out to lights and then take me em feed from key sw obv round all my em lights, but if the pir is Ruhr furthest point away from board n key sw can you take feed round your lights then to pir as iv seen this done on site but to me that wunty switch because surely this feed needs to be broke at a sw(pir) to give u your sw out

Now hopefully I have understood you correctly as your description is a little weird.

Your switch live would need to come from ther PIR before feeding the lights, so yes you are correct.

Yes. Permanent live comes out of the cu, into the keyswitch, around all the lights, and into the feed of the PIR.
It then comes out of the PIR and goes back to the lights as switched live.
Opening the key switch will cut the permanent feed to the em lights causing the battery to kick in, and also the feed to the pir so all the other lights will go off. Remeber this can reset the PIR.

I don't know; is it?
I would have said it would be preferable to wire to the PIR first particularly in a corridor or room with no other light source, so you can test the emergency lights with the other lights on, but depending on the layout you may not be able to do that.
I thought what you were asking was "could it be done?" To which the answer is "yes".

I was asking that thank you, I obv assuming tho that if you wire to the lights first u just connect into the loop n then bak from your pir into live, or do u just connect into live all through the lights then into pir, sorry if not explaining well I just thought this wouldn't work

If you have emergency lights you'll need a permanent feed throughout the circuit, which you could use as a feed for the pir. I wouldn't if i could help it, but it can be done.

Reply to Wiring pir in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net