Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss wiring practice with industrial installations. in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

chris07

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Im a electrician, and work in domistic installation.
I've been ofered the job of rewiring a office building on a power station, when i've looked at the old installation the old lighting circuit has been partly removed and seams to have been wired as a lighting ring circuit with 2.5mm twin. Is this the normal wiring practice with industrial installations.

Cheers
Chris

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
S

Shakey

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Absloutely not!!!!!!!

Only ring allowed is normal BS1363 socket outlet ring main, and CPC as a ring on a radial BS1363 circuit with high protective conductor currents.

definitely not lighting, industrial or otherwise.

good luck with the job

S

Spudmiester

Definitly shouldnt be a ring, but 2.5 may have been used because of voltage drop if its a large circuit or a long way from the DB. Possably 2.5 could have been spec'd for lighting circuits as some health authauritys I have worked for do this. 2.5 for ANY lighting circuit and 4 mil for sockets. I dont know how they expected someone to get 3 lots of 2.5 in the terminals of a light fitting though!

K

KEVINDOE

I have come across lighting circuits done in rings , twin and earth, loop in system, 1mm, on a newish property, i was dong a p.i.r at the time, confused.com !!!

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers

Reply to wiring practice with industrial installations. in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Top Bottom