Discuss Wiring sensors in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

N

nabba

Hi, I'm wiring lights about 20 via trunking in singles to loop in boxes , because the room is large I will need to position at least 2 or 3 sensors so either one will bring lights on ... Any advice on the wiring them pls ? I realise first off , live neutral earth to supply the sensor what do I take to the other one to incorporate it then obviously switch wire to lights its just the sensors im itchin my head at ... been that long time since did this sure it's simple just need direction
Thanks ...

Hi , thanks for getting back. Yes pir's this is the thing parellel ?? so live neutral earth from the board into first pir then would it be live neutral earth to the next one and a switch wire so that either pir switches they will all come on is this right ...? Parellel always confuses me in lighting
Thanks again .

Yes, line, neutral, earth and a switch live need to be taken between each pir.

What type of light fittings are you switching, make sure the PIRs can switch the required load.

Is each PIR going to be able to switch the entire 20 light fittings at one time? Be a shame to wire the PIR's correctly for them to burn the place down.

Thanks again, I think at the moment it's going to be 600x600 square fluorescents placed into a new office refurb grid ceiling ,... Not sure what the wattage is on each one yet as drawings not arrived ...

you do need to know the load.............. to condier zs value and vd... you could break the room up say first 10m the lights come on walk a little further and the next set come on

Reply to Wiring sensors in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock