Discuss Salus thermostat wiring/symbol help.. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
I want to power a small heater 2kw in my bedroom with this wireless thermostat. Because its affordable and has very fine 0.25C heat sensing switching. I'm having trouble understanding how to wire it correctly.

Question 1)
Is this able to be wired directly to the heater? its a 2kw heater so would need 10a 230V UK mains.

Question 2)
For example I can't understand what this means:
16 amp relay switching
RX Rating Max: 16 (5) A SPST

Question 3)
following this wiring diagram
Salus thermostat wiring/symbol help.. 1631894898097 - EletriciansForums.net

to have the heater powered maybe I use the bottom image. But...
It says Max 16 (5) A . I dont know what voltage it handles/outputs, what is the (5) ???
The black triangle in circle & M in circle with two arrows. What do both these symbols mean???

Question 4)
In other words I'm confused about the (5) - maybe it means 16A 5V
And maybe the symbols are a low voltage 5V switch for a larger Volt appliance.
So basically can this be wired straight through or would it require an extra switch before the heater ???

Replies appreciated.
Thanks.

16(5)A means you can switch a 16A resistive load or 5A inductive load. What type of heater is it.

Yes 16A max. resistive (heating) load or 5A max. inductive (motor or transformer) load. That is a standard way of representing relay switching capability on a control device.

And yes, lower diagram. Line feed to L and Com, N/O powers heater.

9 amps so you're good to go.

Yes 16A max. resistive (heating) load or 5A max. inductive (motor or transformer) load. That is a standard way of representing relay switching capability on a control device.

And yes, lower diagram. Line feed to L and Com, N/O powers heater.
Can you provide a link to a source of information regarding this way of noting relay switching capability? Like something I can read and learn from about this.

Reply to Salus thermostat wiring/symbol help.. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock