Discuss Wiring the terminal block on a Login oven in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I'm trying to wire up a new Logik oven and it has a non-standard terminal block, much smaller than that on the oven I just replaced and all the YouTube videos I could find. It looks like you just screw the electrical wires in directly. So, I guess I should remove the connectors and screw the wires down, but I don't see how this won't generate excess heat as the wires will be exposed within the terminal block still. Has anyone fitted one of these and, if so, could you advise me?

Thanks

Michael

i'd prefer to see ring crimps on those cable ends.

Its energy rating is A. It's a 66litre oven and uses 0.79kWh/cycle.
[automerge]1591864428[/automerge]
There are crimp spades on the wire, is it worth replacing them with ring crimps or are they okay? I was thinking of stripping them off because they seem too large to fit around the screws.

is there a 13A plug on the other end of that flex?if so, cable should be 1.5mm so you'd need red insulated crimps. from the photo of the oven terminals, looks to need a 5mm hole in the crimps. (educated guess) and a decent set of crimpers. not the cheap things you get from a cracker car accessory shop.

is there a 13A plug on the other end of that flex?if so, cable should be 1.5mm so you'd need red insulated crimps. from the photo of the oven terminals, looks to need a 5mm hole in the crimps. (educated guess) and a decent set of crimpers. not the cheap things you get from a cracker car accessory shop.

The other end of the flex is in a fused spur not a plug. So, I should buy new 5mm red insulated ring crimps and fit those to the end of the wires and then screw them into the terminal?

depends on the size of the flex and the size of the terminal screws. my post was an educated guess. if cable is 2.5mm, you need blue crimps.

Reply to Wiring the terminal block on a Login oven in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net