Discuss Wiring the timer clock on a grasslin talento 111 for my pool motor NEWBIE help needed in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

slimsladey

Hi All,

Complete non electrician here trying to fix m pool motor after lightning damage. Have replaced the motor no problem. The problems now lies in getting the clock function on the timer working. if I manually move the dial it works fine but doesn't run time. obviously wiring problem. Pics attached, help much much appreciated in lay mans terms :)

Cheers Dale

Attachments

• DSCF1267.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 39
  • DSCF1266.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 38
  • DSCF1272.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 39
  • DSCF1273.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 33
  • DSCF1274.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 34
Re: Wiring the timer clock on a grasslin talento 111 for my pool motor NEWBIE help ne

This is just forum gold dust :wink:

You have posted up your location as South Africa, we have a member near you that may be able to help. His name is Marvo and I'm sure he will be more than happy to give you a hand with this. Are you in Cape Town by any chance?

International Electricians Forum at it's best :rofl:

Re: Wiring the timer clock on a grasslin talento 111 for my pool motor NEWBIE help ne

If the lightning took out the motor, it stands a very good chance it took out the clock as well. How close was the hit and what damage did it do to the motor.

Agreed, if the lightning was close enough to damage the motor I'd guess the timer won't be repairable. I don't know if your old timer had a battery reserve but given the rolling load shedding we're getting it would be worth spending the extra and getting a replacement with a backup battery to save you constantly having to reset the time.

This is just forum gold dust :wink:

You have posted up your location as South Africa, we have a member near you that may be able to help. His name is Marvo and I'm sure he will be more than happy to give you a hand with this. Are you in Cape Town by any chance?

International Electricians Forum at it's best :rofl:

Yes when we normally say there may be a member near you what are the chances of that when the op is in south Africa!!

Yes when we normally say there may be a member near you what are the chances of that when the op is in south Africa!!

I know. that was just forum gold dust. After all the DIY members that have received help/work from a local electrician off this forum, you would never think Marvo would be getting involved!

I won't be very local for another few days, I'm still tied up on a job in Zambia.

Thanks for responses, Based in JHB, The timer still works if I manually move the dial so I am wondering if there is possibly a connection wire I have not installed to activate the clock, the CH I - 3 Slot is empty as per pics, so anyone familiar with this Talento 111 model let me know if I need to connect this to the AC Supply?

From your photos, the problem is simple....there is no neutral at the time clock
Teminals 1 & 2 are Power

Thanks Tazz, so need to run Neutral from 3 to AC? Sorry I am in no way experienced with wiring etc, just good at using the pool when operating properly! :)

no 1 & 2 are the supply for the clock, you have live in 2....so you need a neutral in 1 on the clock

Hi Tazz, thanks. So to confirm, connect the black loose wire I have from CH I: Slot 3 to M: Slot 1 (next to slot 2 which has 2 red wires going in) on the timer unit only? nothing else needed anywhere else?

Connect a new blue wire from the neutral bar, to terminal 1 on timer clock....thats it

Tazz you are a champion, thank you very much all sorted! Cheers

Reply to Wiring the timer clock on a grasslin talento 111 for my pool motor NEWBIE help needed in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net