Discuss Wiring up a 3 gang remote dimmer (varilight) in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

papalazarou

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi all, not sure whether this is in the right place or even the right forum as I'm not an electrician but hopefully someone can help.

I have just bought a Varilight 3 gang remote dimmer to put in my house and unsure how to wire it up. My current switch is just a single dimmer running the main room lights, there are 2 lots of 1mm twin and earth with 1 red wire going to the 'wavy line' (is this the switch)? and another 2 red wires going to L2. L1 has no wires in it and the 2 neutrals are just connected together and blanked off with the earths going to the box.

Now I have installed some spotlights and have another 2 1mm twin and earth running into the same box. I would like all 3 sets (main room lights and 2 sets of spots) to be independantly dimmable via the 3 gang dimmer so how do I go about this. The new dimmer has 3 boxes with the 'wavy line', slave, and live connections on each. Any help would be appreciated.

many thanks in advance.

Papa

Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
P

papalazarou

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You must be logged in to see the message.

P

papalazarou

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You must be logged in to see the message.

Reply to Wiring up a 3 gang remote dimmer (varilight) in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Top Bottom