Discuss Wondered where my long nose pliers had gone! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

FatAlan

-
Trainee
Esteemed
Supporter
Reaction score
My Mrs borrowed my pliers the other day when we were working on a fence next to our drive. They disappeared. Went to wholesalers this morning. Guy serving me looks out the window and says, do you know there’s a set of pliers on your van roof?
D3CD2BB5-D889-4007-B3DD-3926A6078B4D.jpeg

I think they’re Armeg. Last visit to their stand at ELEX Sandown Park back in the days when there were trade shows.
[automerge]1594998672[/automerge]
I think it might be a condition that runs in my family. My grandmother always used to drive around with her handbag on the roof of her mini metro.

Many years ago now, when I was an apprentice, I spent a long time hunting for my junior hacksaw.
Didn't find it until I gave up and sat down. It was in my back pocket ?

I think it might be a condition that runs in my family. My grandmother always used to drive around with her handbag on the roof of her mini metro.
There was a teacher at my secondary school who seems to drive around with part of her dress trapped and hanging out of the car door. After the 2nd time I wondered if she was really forgetful to check, or actually wanted it that way!

My Mrs borrowed my pliers the other day when we were working on a fence next to our drive. They disappeared. Went to wholesalers this morning. Guy serving me looks out the window and says, do you know there’s a set of pliers on your van roof?
View attachment 59536
Went to change a 6ft fluorescent fitting the other day and it had flex out to lamp fixed to the ceiling.

So went to the van and grabbed some ferrules for the flex and had one spar that was in the tray on top of my steps.

Thought no more of it until yesterday morning when I pulled the steps off the roof, set them up and sat there in the tray was a single ferrule.

How the hell had it stayed there for two trips to work and back?

It wasn't stuck, it loose and rolling round.

It spooked me a little..o_O

Went to change a 6ft fluorescent fitting the other day and it had flex out to lamp fixed to the ceiling.

So went to the van and grabbed some ferrules for the flex and had one spar that was in the tray on top of my steps.

Thought no more of it until yesterday morning when I pulled the steps off the roof, set them up and sat there in the tray was a single ferrule.

How the hell had it stayed there for two trips to work and back?

It wasn't stuck, it loose and rolling round.

It spooked me a little..o_O
Amazing. Those pliers survived five or six miles down an A road with a few tight bends in it followed by a 10 mile blast down the A3.

I’m always paranoid that I’ve forgotten to secure the ladder.
I was following a Transit that hadn't secured his ladders. Had to make a very sudden stop as they arrived on the road in front of me. The Transit kept going. Unfortunately I was in my car or I might have gained a set of ladders ;-) Had to get out and move them to the side of the road probably to the surprise of the cars behind me. I wonder what the van driver thought when he got to where he was going.

I’m always paranoid that I’ve forgotten to secure the ladder.
Snap! although drove about 8miles once and thought 'I must have', it would have come off by now so drove another 6 miles to job and found 'it wasn't' but was still there!

Also drove again about 8 miles up and down, tight bends in country lane. Got to site and wondered what the brown stain was on the back of the van...... I'd spilled my coffee but the mug was on top still there!

Had laid a length of MT2 on the rack but forgot to secure it, at a junction stopped quicker then normal and it flew off just missing a bloke crossing the road, jumped out to say sorry and get the trunking and it turned out to be someone from my school class from 35+ years ago who I hadn't seen sice finishing my 'O' levels

Reply to Wondered where my long nose pliers had gone! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net