Discuss Worcester Bosch 35kw condensing combi A1 in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

marc8

-
Reaction score
Hello all

as above approx 10 yrs old electronic version, showing A1, pump run dry, which is running & also pumping round rads & hot water, sometimes last's for hours sometimes minutes,
if I can get it through symphony fill.
Get hot water & heating, I am thinking a sensor any ideas would be welcome?
greenstar

whats your system pressure like ? about 1.2 bar when cold and do you get any cold spots on your rads? and when was it last serviced

Hi there
bled system, had service just over year ago when I had to replace ignition probes, also cup & flaps for air mixture must admit had not touched since installed. Good pressure

Hi there
bled system, had service just over year ago when I had to replace ignition probes, also cup & flaps for air mixture must admit had not touched since installed. Good pressure

do you know if the pump has been changed in the last 10 years? and when the pump is working any noise/ bad vibration on the pump?

i would say the pump was on its way out but with out seeing and testing the boiler i cant give you a defo answer sorry

Hi corbs

is is there anything I could check? I am a qualified electrician & this is my own boiler not a customers , that why i am asking if there is a sensor to check & if so what resistance would this be in ohms.

that helps a lot i can give you this number then, they will be able to tell you the resistance levels/ohms

0330 123 3366

any problems just report back but i suspect as there are now flow sensors on the heating side other than temp sensors the pump is on the way out

Hello all thanks for help
spoke with bosch done the 7:3 boiler purge air, but as mentioned by bosch that when you restart the boiler the boiler purges automatically.
But looks like new pump

did you get through ok?

you can do a simple test if you want but bea warned it may spit it back out/break your screw driver lol

open the air/bleed screw on the pump and have an old flat head screw driver to hand

slowly put your screw driver in the pump via the vent hole and slowly apply pressure if you can stop the pump your pump is **/* if it spits your screw driver out then your pumps fine

(note i dont do a+e phone calls with screwdrivers in people hands :D so i dont accept responsibility if it goes wrong )

Aye .... I would say you've just found the problem - it's not designed to work on its side!!

:D dont know who installed it then :D

Worcester Bosch 35kw condensing combi A1 {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Reply to Worcester Bosch 35kw condensing combi A1 in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock