Discuss Worcester combi + Underfloor heating in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

M

mff369

Hi,
Can anyone help me regarding wiring combi with underfloor heating master wiring centre. I have always ran a feed direct to boiler from fused spur,then the same to the master wiring centre.
Could I power the boiler from the wiring centre so only having the one spur? If so how ?

I don't get why you have two spurs but depending on the layout you can feed the master wiring centre and take the boiler feed from there which is probably easiest with a three pole switch at the boiler point for servicing.

mff, it might sound a bit daft, but what you need to do is power the wiring centre from the LS on the boiler. You will have the permanent supply at the boiler for water, and then from the LS - take that to supply the lives in the woring centre,and again from the LR in the boiler, you need to take that to the wiring centre too, and have that on the boiler relay! Which wiring centre are you using? If there are volt free contacts, the LS will in effect put the supply to one side of the volt free part, when the circuit is made, the contacts will supply the UFH pump and the boiler relay!

Dont forget that if you are using 'normal' heating upstairs, wire the upstairs stat to where the zone valve is and not the wiring centre.

I would use two spurs as well, but not 2 supplies, only so there is a local means of isolation for maintainence etc - hope you cna understand that, its not easy to explain!

Reply to Worcester combi + Underfloor heating in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock