Discuss Word documents in the Computer and Networking Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Anyone know a way to lock a document so it can't be printed or emailed to anyone else after I email a client. Gotta do a spec for a large commercial job and don't want my hard work spread about

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would have thought the problem of cowboys going around offering to beat anyone else's quote would have been something you see more on domestic jobs; the kind of company who do "large commercial jobs" would want to do their own quotes so they know they've got it right.

Different quotes aren't always comparable either - some companies pride themselves on always doing a 'proper job' while others just try to offer the cheapest quote by cutting corners.

Personally I think it's every consumer's right to be able to compare prices and shop around for the best deal. If they choose to do business with 'budget' companies then that's their lookout.

Click review in toolbar
Click restrict editing
Click allow this type of editing & make sure the box is indicating read only.
Click yes start enforcing
Make sure you put in a password otherwise anybody can just stop the restrictions when they open the document.

Reply to Word documents in the Computer and Networking Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock