Discuss Work in Sunny Australia! in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

Matthew Murray

Hi all, Tenix Australia is looking for Lineworkers (Linesmen) and Electrical Fitter Mechanics for work in Victoria and several other states.

Tenix has hired people from overseas before and are familiar with the process. They are in the hiring process with several people in the UK at the moment regarding Lineworker positions.

Tenix offer a relocation package and assistance. In regards to Lineworkers specifically, they offer a great salary, plus opportunity for overtime (36 hour standard week) + pension + paid training + 4 weeks holiday and lots of other bits and pieces.

Why are they looking overseas?? Because there is a lot of work here! and we know how everyone enjoys the aussie sun! :)

You can view the roles by searching in Job Opportunities at Careers or email your CV and any questions to [email protected] or you can email me directly at [email protected]

hi im a qualified electrician and im looking to move to australia by myself and work over there is there any other way to do that other than getting a skilled working visa?

thanks
dan

hi im a qualified electrician and im looking to move to australia by myself and work over there is there any other way to do that other than getting a skilled working visa?

thanks
dan

Hi Dan, best way is obviously the skilled working Visa. That way your, Your qualifications and work history is assessed straight away. I have met a couple of guys that have come over on a WHV. however, they need to jump through a few hoops to get assessed and qualified. These sites might help..
Handy websites when thinking of relocating...

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/
http://workpermit.com/australia/general-skilled-migration.htm

Australian Skilled Migration Visa Assessment and Points Calculator...

http://workpermit.com/australia/appraisal_form.htm
http://workpermit.com/australia/point_calculator.htm

Hope this helps.

Parts of Victoria are under "an inland sea" at present - and more is coming.

Two ways of looking at that - there's going to be plenty of line work as most of Victoria is overhead supply, and the work will undoubtedly pay well - but it will end at some point.....or you can look at it like you are moving to a flood zone, and likely to need webbed feet, or a snorkel outfit......

Certainly, if you can qualify for the work visa, it'll probably be worth going.

thanks for the info i thought that would be the easiest way the only reason im asking is that ive started my visa but before i complete it i need to get my skills assesed but ive run out of money and i aint got a job at the moment but i guess ill have to wait a bit longer.

I looked into going a year or so back. a working holiday visa only allows you to work for the same company for 3 months so be warned, You could get left high and dry with know work.
Check into it or you could be in for a shock.

wouldn't bother, they have changed the visa system, you cant get a skilled entry visa unless you are in demand, which means Doctor, Teacher, Accountant, Dentist, Nurse,plant biologist, marine Biologist, vet, pharmacist, college/University lecturer or you have a PHD and about 50 grand in the bank as well as an employer sponsor....
You can get a 1 year work visa if you agree to do work on a farm as a fruit picker for 3 months, if you do that you can stay the rest of the year and work, but after that youre out on your ear unless you have a dual passport, for this you would have to have one of your parents being from Australia......they really dont want anybody going to Australia unless they are really very valuable to the locals such as a Doctor, other than that they just see you as taking paid employment away from the locals, and unlike here with the europeans flooding in, they dont put up with that its always Australians come first..

and incase you are wondering I asked the Australian side and they dont see a need for any more Electricians, they dont want UK Electricians coming in and taking any work from the hands of Australian citizens, I wish we would stop people coming in here and taking our jobs from us, it seems if you have an accent they love you here and will give you a job over a UK worker,and hand you a leave to stay card at the drop of a hat makes me sick :(

I have to admit always wondered when I see this kind of thread ......................why?

What on earth would pocess someone to go live somehwere where the 9 out of 10 most anti social insects in the world live ,and if that's not bad enough they gave us the Danni and Kylie.......................

You may very well love to work there, I for one would not want to work there becasue I have been there many times.

You have been sold the dream and I hope your dream comes true. But it would be a sad wrold if everyone took your attitude of well I don't like what this person said so he should not have said it.

Son people have fought wars to give you the right to say you would love to work there, the same people gave me the right to say why, becasue it is not what it is all shown to be.

If you can't accept the fact that we have freedom of ideas and speech perhaps you might be better off in some other corner of the planet. Where your not allowed to express opinions

I have to admit always wondered when I see this kind of thread ......................why?

What on earth would pocess someone to go live somehwere where the 9 out of 10 most anti social insects in the world live ,and if that's not bad enough they gave us the Danni and Kylie.......................

Hey, you leave Danni out of this. I like her...lol :D

The australians are more terrified of european wasps (yes the same ones as in your backyard) than anyother creature.
As for living here and working as an electrician its terrible, i would stay in the UK.
Leave us poor b*****ds who immigrated to Australia to suffer in our own outdoor pool.
The UK is the best place in the world. (but i prefer to live in Australia)

Lol!!!
I thought the same when I moved here too..

I've seen 1 spider in the countless number of roofs I've been in.
1 wild snake that was harmless,

Good thing with roofs here is that you can 'kick' tiles off to let in fresh air and light as
There is no Felt!!!

Best move I ever did , worked for myself now for 5 years!!

It's a hard life getting home n jumping in the pool!!

Daz

How is Brisbane now mate, I was there in 1996 and Surfers Paradise in 2001. I have to admit I do like Oz but it is so far away.

I met a couple in Surfers he was a plumber. He told me that one night he drove home and on the drive was a tupperware box. His wife told him that his mum who was Albanian saw this spider and it was unusual and so she caught it and phone the local Uni.

!0 minutes later this van pulled up, and out came this guy early 20's ponytail shorts and T shirt. Spoke to him and they both went to the tupperware box. The plumber went inside to get a beer and the young guy lifted the box and put it down. Goes back to the van and 5 minutes later re-emerges dressed like an Astronaut with a 2 meter grabber and a cage. Finally they get this spider into the cage and lock it in the van.

He goes into the house and tells the plumber that it's ....................whatever and it is highly dangerous, and there is mum chasing this things armed with sandels and a tupperware container .....................no thanks .

How is Brisbane now mate, I was there in 1996 and Surfers Paradise in 2001. I have to admit I do like Oz but it is so far away.

I met a couple in Surfers he was a plumber. He told me that one night he drove home and on the drive was a tupperware box. His wife told him that his mum who was Albanian saw this spider and it was unusual and so she caught it and phone the local Uni.

!0 minutes later this van pulled up, and out came this guy early 20's ponytail shorts and T shirt. Spoke to him and they both went to the tupperware box. The plumber went inside to get a beer and the young guy lifted
the box and put it down. Goes back to the van and 5 minutes later re-emerges dressed like an Astronaut with a 2 meter grabber and a cage. Finally they get this spider into the cage and lock it in the van.

He goes into the house and tells the plumber that it's ....................whatever and it is highly dangerous, and there is mum chasing this things armed with sandels and a tupperware container .....................no thanks .

Lol....

Seriously tho those stories r rare!!

Brisbane is awesome, now that we've stopped flooding and no more cyclones!!

The positives far outway the negatives and because we were from Leeds it's a hell of a life change..

Would never go back to live , been on holidays but couldn't wait to get back here..

Heaps of work , I got in with IKEA so we do all the kitchens that they sell.
Keeps us busy ...

Daz

Reply to Work in Sunny Australia! in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net