Discuss Work in Sunny Australia! in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Lol....

Seriously tho those stories r rare!!

Brisbane is awesome, now that we've stopped flooding and no more cyclones!!

The positives far outway the negatives and because we were from Leeds it's a hell of a life change..

Would never go back to live , been on holidays but couldn't wait to get back here..

Heaps of work , I got in with IKEA so we do all the kitchens that they sell.
Keeps us busy ...

Daz

Good for you ...............nice to hear a positive story , ah well if the spiders don't get you the sharks will :D

Always remember in surfers everyone was on the beach there at 5am before school or work, and the sand squeaked when you walked on it ............great place loads of Japanese there.

Good luck out there

I lived in Australia for a year, not long granted, but long enough to learn a few things...

1. the girls are good, but the sound of their half man/half woman accent with a lot of colloquialisms
like "butt" which means mate apparently is a little disturbing.
2. everything wants to bite you
3. most things do bite you
4. horrible things happen when they bite you
5. and 80% of the male population are basically shane warn clones...and its horrifying.

BUT:

1.the weather is outrageously good
2.the lifestyle is brilliant
3. and most importantly they have DRIVE THRU OFF LICENSES!!! 24 hour ones! and that is enough to do it for me.

Best of luck to you mate....wear long socks near grass. always carry a fly swat

Was just thinking of turning up with one eye, three fingers and a limp with a cap in my hand and 30 odd extended family members in tow. Do you think the Aussies will give me a house, car, mobile phone, passport and 30 grand a year difficulty allowance?

Just thought I'd ask. Do they have the same system as ours? 50Hz 400/230 three pin plugs etc?

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol....

Seriously tho those stories r rare!!

Brisbane is awesome, now that we've stopped flooding and no more cyclones!!

The positives far outway the negatives and because we were from Leeds it's a hell of a life change..

Would never go back to live , been on holidays but couldn't wait to get back here..

Heaps of work , I got in with IKEA so we do all the kitchens that they sell.
Keeps us busy ...

Daz

I cant wait to get to Brisbane, if they will have us. Ive phoned Austrailia house in London and they told me to wait till July when I got married, then ring again and start the visa process. I have my C & G 2330 lvl 3, C & G 2382 and the C & G 2391, son hopefully they will say yes. Gonna be hard though, have to retrain whilst im there but I believe its a better life style for my wife, my little boy and me. Hopefully see ya down there pen9 electrical, we'll have a barby after work.

Jay

Jay, are you going through all the vetasses process?? what is the procedure you have to go through, i`ve done 2 years out there on a WHV but thinking of heading back out as its pony here

I have to admit always wondered when I see this kind of thread ......................why?

What on earth would pocess someone to go live somehwere where the 9 out of 10 most anti social insects in the world live ,and if that's not bad enough they gave us the Danni and Kylie.......................
Australia has it's good points, they gave us Mad Max, and although they may have some of the worlds most poisonous reptile and insects, at least they don't vote any of them into government.

Reply to Work in Sunny Australia! in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net